X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CURATORIS
    • Aug 2006

Speakers Selection

Hi everybody

I am new to the audio world and just placed an order for a 2-CH system (Parasound A-21, a BAT 3ix tube pre amplifier and a REGA cd player). My desition was based only on recommendations and reviews. I lived in the Caribbean and we have only three small dealers, where you buy without audition the equipment. Same story with the speakers.

I will really apreciate any sugestions in order to select the right speakers for this set up.

The room size is 13 ft wide, 30 ft long and 8 ft high.

Musical preferences are launge, chill out, jazz, rock, pop and some latin.

Speakers (floorstanding) options based on availability in my area are:

B&W (maybe 703)
    FOCAL JM LABS (maybe CHORUS V 836)
    DYNAUDIO
    PARADIGM
    MONITOR AUDIO
    ENERGY

Again, thanks for your sugestions

Best regards

Sam

ps. please forgive mistakes in language.
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

I love B&W so I would go for the 703 but if I had the choice of B&W 800 series I would jump on that first!!
    My other choice would be the Focal JM Lab !!

I love the B&W sound with Lounge, chill Jazz and Latin Bossa type of Music so I believe B&W would do you well.

If I were you I would Audition every speaker you had mentioned and let your ears make that choice.

We can recommend what we like ,and appreciate our own type of sound and Music, but at the end of the day it is going to be your ears that will experiment with all the type of music that you like, and the speakers In my opinion are what determines the final sound ,so as much as I can recommend B&W for Jazz etc. It will be your ears that will determine whether you like this particular type of sound or not. Right?? It's all a personal taste here!!

Keep us posted as to what you have decided to order.

Cheers!!!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"