X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lcajiga
    • Aug 2003

Best DVD-A I have heard (96/24/5.1)

Amigos,

the best sounding DVD-A I have heard so far, is the Latin Jazz Trio. It is an impecable recording and in the other side of the DVD-A you have the oportunity to actually see (VIDEO) the trio performing at the same time. Here is a synopsis:

A DVD-Audio/Video product recorded and mixed for high resolution DVD-Audio/Video systems. Luis Conte is the percussionist to some of the biggest names in commerical music. In this first Latin high-resolution recording, his talents and those of his collaborators are brought to life through the magic of 96 kHz/24 Bits and 5.1 channel surround sound. The music is mixed to maximize the individual timbres and musical lines. Bob Stewart, founder and president of Meridian, described the sound as "incredible" and went on to say this was one of the best recordings he's heard recently. The difference is in the use of new technology, a strict adherence to purity of signal and a willingness to experiment with instrumental placement. Finally, a chance to hear true high-resolution with performers that know how make wonderful music.
    Here is the picture of the cover:

Listen to this group in either 5.1 and 7.1 setups is amazing. Even if you do not like jazz or latin jazz, this DVD-A deserves an audition and is a jewel to show your friends how good DVD-A may sound.

Regards,
    Luis

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"
    Regards,
    Luis

http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I cannot believe I have yet to purchase a player capable of reproducing the DVD-A or SACD format. And I'm the mod of the music section! ops: :LOL:

lcajiga,

This sounds like a great disc to own. I know they are not the same animal however, I really enjoy my 5.1 DTS cd's. So this I know I'll like. I need to get off the pot and get an up to date player.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"