X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ac81017
    • Aug 2006

B&W CM1 vs 602 & 805s

has anyone tested the cm1´s?? Or even better, does anyone have a pair in there home??

I´m looking to upgrade, the 805s are a bit pricey fro a family man with a wife who counts every penny!! SO, I´ve read a few review on the cm1´s, they seem very nice, and close to the 805 in sound??

Can someone compair the cm1´s against 602s3 and 805s and tell me the difference!

My local hifi shop would be getting a pair for another two month?? Strange!!
  • fordster
    • Feb 2005

I've never heard the 805S (I didn't want to torture myself with what could be!) but I do own a pair of CM1s. I've not done a proper comparison (same room, matched volume, anywhere near the same time, etc) against the 600 series either. However, I do really like my CM1s whereas I'm not a fan of the 600 series. I'd imagine that the 805S are a lot better (CM1 sits between 600 and 700 series) but then they cost more and are larger so they weren't an option for me. Do a quick search on this forum for CM1 and you'll find a few posts with more details. I'd say the CM1 has better clarity and timing that the 600s.
    Dave

Comment

• bullitt731
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by ac81017
      has anyone tested the cm1´s?? Or even better, does anyone have a pair in there home??

I´m looking to upgrade, the 805s are a bit pricey fro a family man with a wife who counts every penny!! SO, I´ve read a few review on the cm1´s, they seem very nice, and close to the 805 in sound??

Can someone compair the cm1´s against 602s3 and 805s and tell me the difference!

I heard the Cm1s the other day at my local AD and thought they sounded great for their size. While comparing them to the 602s3 could be an option putting them up against the 805s would be quite a stretch.

Comment

• Music4Life
        • May 2006

I've got the CM1 since April and all I can say is, it satisfied my expectations. Before I bought it, I listened to it with Classe CDP and Int. Amp. Then asked the guy to set up the 602s3 as well. No comparison. The 602's bass is boomy but the CM1 is tight and controlled. Imaging, clarity and soundstage is quite good. I used NAD gears to sing it and it's just what I need, you enjoy listening to music all day and all night. The sound is warm, and not fatiguing at all. A bit dark with good high freq. What can I say. NAD gears make it that way!

Comment

• joetama
          • May 2006

Have you compaired them to the 705?

I would agree on them sounding better than the 600 series. Not sure what they go for price wise but if you are looking for bookshelf you might look at the 705. Nice step in-between the two ranges...
          -Joe

Comment

• Music4Life
            • May 2006

Originally posted by joetama

I would agree on them sounding better than the 600 series. Not sure what they go for price wise but if you are looking for bookshelf you might look at the 705. Nice step in-between the two ranges...
            No. I only tested it with the 600 series. Tested it with the 602 and the 600 series floorstanders. Again, even the floorstanders can't match up the sonic superiority of the CM1. The floorstanders (I think it's the 604) price is almost the same as the CM1 but I chose the CM1. Not so sure about the 705. I didn't listen to it because it's beyond my budget.

Comment

• ac81017
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by joetama

I hvae tried the 705, I thought that they sounded nice in detail, but I found them very weak when it comes to volume and power, the detail is great, but just as powerful as the 602 or 805, I´have to say I´m no expert, i´m just saying what I heard! As you know, i´m quite new the listening to speaker business! ops:

Comment

• Music4Life
                • May 2006

I hvae tried the 705, I thought that they sounded nice in detail, but I found them very weak when it comes to volume and power, the detail is great, but just as powerful as the 602 or 805, I´have to say I´m no expert, i´m just saying what I heard! As you know, i´m quite new the listening to speaker business! ops:

I think if you use an appropriate amplification, the 705 won't be weak in terms of volume and power. Probably 2 monoblocks will be needed to let this FS sing.

Comment

• joetama
                  • May 2006

My big reason for even bringing up the 700 series is he is making a BIG jump from the 600 to the 800. I mean is there really even a comparison for anyone? Not for me at least, but the 700 series fits nicely in the middle of those two series. I have heard the CM1 and they do sound good (better in different ways than the 600's) but not as good as the 700 and DEFINATLY not as good as the 800's.... Just my thoughts on it...
                  -Joe

Comment

• wolfgang
                    • Jul 2006

Of all the hifi toys the speakers are definately things that do sound different enough for you to hear difference and developed a preferences. Although it might take some a bit longer to 'get it' which is what careful blind listening tests confirmed. Things I like about B&W is they managed to keep a lot of the tonal characters across the ranges from 600 to the XT and 800's. Maybe you should also try to listen to the CM7 as the price is in also in between and the law of physics suggest there will be some benefit from using a larger cabinet volume and a good 3 way design. Never the less, I suspect now that you have heard and liked what the 805 could do then it would be very difficult to not dream of owning a pair of those.

Comment

• dknightd
                      • Mar 2006

If you are thinking about the 805, give the 703 a listen.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"