X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fauzigarib
    • Aug 2006

Am I normal?

My daily routine... Do others go through similar days?

(not a b&W owner yet... keep that in mind.)

6:30 am - Wake to the sound of my baby crying in the cot next to our bed. Realize that the 802D that I was listening to was just a dream. Darn.

6:58 am - Wife hands baby to me to burp after the feed. Pinch her pampered bum... wonder if the Rohacell feels this floopy.

7:34 am - Get ready for work. On the way out of the house, I kind of wipe the floor where the new 802d's (whenever the audio gods decide to bestow their favor on me) will stand.

8:04 am - Log onto my computer. Note in passing the 67 emails that await replies. Type www.bwspeakers.com and launch the 800 range. Ogle at my babies.

8:07 am - Wipe the drool of my desk.

11:15 am - Log onto this site to see if anyone has posted new pics of their setups.

12:34 pm - Call the B&W agent. Ask him if he's gone down in price at all? Hey, he went from $13,200 to $12,900. If I beg harder, who knows what can happen?

1:14 pm - Awake with a start to the sound of my telephone ringing. Shit! It was a dream again.

1:15 pm - Drool again. Wipe, wipe wipe.

2:43 pm - Pull up the excel file of our budget again and see how to creatively fit the speakers in it so that we still get to keep the house.

2:44 pm - Close the stupid excel window in disgust.

2:45 pm - Wait, do we really need to put our baby into a school next year? Open it up again.

2:46 pm - Yes, we do... Don't want the speakers at the cost of a stupid baby. Close it up again.

2:47 pm - How stupid? No no no... leave the file closed...

..... and the day dream goes on and on...

*Sigh.

Fauzi
  • WI Rotel
    • Jul 2006

No you are NOT normal 8O :B

Comment

• kurtholz
      • Feb 2005

Dear Fauzi

I think you can be cured, however, it won't happen overnight, as a pair of 802D's only awaken the true beast lurking inside

sure, when i first got my mere pair, i was happy for a few days, but day after day, i look at that ugly HTM1, not a HTM1D, then, i glance at those scrawny 805S's, not another pair of 802D's

the worst part, the 2 604s3's sitting behind the couch, not another paid of 802D's

of course, it's only the start, one pair of monoblocks is nice, but 7, wouldnt that be the trick,

hmmmm, 7 802D, 7 Halcro DM68s, all with NASA approved cables, cryogentically treated and covered with magic marbles in a jar

hahahhahahhaha

upgraditis, your done for

warm regards

Kurt

Comment

• chinets
        • Jun 2005

You are absolutely NOT NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!
        Go back to bed ,it's one of those B&W dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I recommend XANAX next time, and you'll be forgetting those speakers..PRONTO!!!!

Comment

• chinets
          • Jun 2005

Kurt,
          I thought Upgradititis was a sever contagious disease?.
          Fauzi, could use Prozac and a drink to cool his nerves, like you buddy>
          Cheers!!!

Comment

• PavelL
            • Sep 2005

I'm not gonna mince words. You lost your mind, man! :lol: CCCCRAZYYYY. And so am I. :W

Comment

• kurtholz
              • Feb 2005

Hey Chinet's

have you seen the magic marbles in the jar that make your system so much better

cmon, give it up, i know you bought some

:-)

Kurt

Comment

• DM3000 Owner
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by fauzigarib
                My daily routine... Do others go through similar days?

(not a b&W owner yet... keep that in mind.)

6:30 am - Wake to the sound of my baby crying in the cot next to our bed. Realize that the 802D that I was listening to was just a dream. Darn.

6:58 am - Wife hands baby to me to burp after the feed. Pinch her pampered bum... wonder if the Rohacell feels this floopy.

7:34 am - Get ready for work. On the way out of the house, I kind of wipe the floor where the new 802d's (whenever the audio gods decide to bestow their favor on me) will stand.

8:04 am - Log onto my computer. Note in passing the 67 emails that await replies. Type www.bwspeakers.com and launch the 800 range. Ogle at my babies.

8:07 am - Wipe the drool of my desk.

11:15 am - Log onto this site to see if anyone has posted new pics of their setups.

12:34 pm - Call the B&W agent. Ask him if he's gone down in price at all? Hey, he went from $13,200 to $12,900. If I beg harder, who knows what can happen?

1:14 pm - Awake with a start to the sound of my telephone ringing. Shit! It was a dream again.

1:15 pm - Drool again. Wipe, wipe wipe.

2:43 pm - Pull up the excel file of our budget again and see how to creatively fit the speakers in it so that we still get to keep the house.

2:44 pm - Close the stupid excel window in disgust.

2:45 pm - Wait, do we really need to put our baby into a school next year? Open it up again.

2:46 pm - Yes, we do... Don't want the speakers at the cost of a stupid baby. Close it up again.

2:47 pm - How stupid? No no no... leave the file closed...

..... and the day dream goes on and on...

*Sigh.

Fauzi
                Seem just fine to me. Two things:

1) Just buy the N801's and pretend it is 2003 (a mere 3.5 years ago). You can get them and send baby to school. (although if you have to have the 802D's I put myself through engineering and law school - builds character - oh who am I kidding, it was painful, you better get the N series).

2) You asked about upgrading all of the time. The pain that you are experiencing agonizing over the purchase seems to be something that we all long for. Don't know why, we just do. I bought a turntable to fix this. Hopefully I can just buy albums on ebay to get my regular fix. I'll let you know how it turns out. :T

Comment

• RobP
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Nov 2004

Fauzi, 8O

That is not normal behavior, I would suggest immediate help, I went through the same thing and found help at a local support group for O.A.B (obsessive audio behavior). We used to meet once a week at our local community center but had to move our meetings due to construction, we now meet five nights a week at the local B&W dealerships demo room.

Seek help Fauzi, please...before its too late...
                  Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• fauzigarib
                    • Aug 2006

Folks,

Thanks for your kind words (NOT!)!

Soundgravy, I AM seeking help. Have tried a ton of different avenues for this very help.

Firstly, I have offered all sorts of NASTY favors to the local dealer. I thought that was a sure thing... but it hasn't really worked yet. Can't seem to figure out why.

Secondly, (and this is actually a true story) I saw a brand new diamond studded Rolex on my uncles wrist (it sounds gawdy, but it really isn't!) Gorgeous. Turns out, he has a friend who just hit it REALLY REALLY REALLY big in Iraq in the past couple of years, and has been showering my uncle with gifts ever since. Apparently the Rolex was in place of a refused Lexus jeep that was bought and was going to get shipped, and the kind gesture was turned down because of the fact that customs duties on new cars is INSANE! So I've nicely told him to introduce me to his friend, and I'll ask at the appropriate time. (Hi, nice to meet you, can I have my speakers now?)

Also, I'm planning on becoming reeeeally friendly with Misterdoggy... Like scary friendly. I'll find him a nice deal on the 800D's that he's looking for, and then charm him so damn much that he begs me to take his current speakers... Just don't tell him of my master plan. Because if it works well, then perhaps he can throw in a couple Mark Levinson electronics too.

Any other ideas, folks?

-Fauzi

Comment

• joetama
                      • May 2006

Uhhh wait... Shouldn't your kid come first? Just something that was in my mind as I read this. Sounds like you either need to get over the B&W thing and rejoin reality. Plus if you have a young kid why would you want to get nice speakers? You know they will just mess them up like my brother and I did to my dad's DM330i's.....
                      -Joe

Comment

• Arneson
                        • Jan 2006

Magic Marbles?
                        Is there a thread about this?
                        Jim

Comment

• RobP
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Nov 2004

Fauzi.....You have a cute kid there!
                          Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• sikoniko
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Aug 2003

Fauzi,

your problem is that it won't end with the 802d's.

Then you'll have to get a pair of nice monoblocks (if you're gonna go all out, might as well, right?), a nice CDP and 2 channel pre. and then if you want to built an HT setup too, now you're in trouble....

just start with the dealer trade-up program, thats the way most of us did it. wish they would offer that for electronics though. heh!
                            I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                              • Apr 2005

Firstly (is that a word)

If you hang out on an Audio Forum... asking if you're normal seems, well you know, it's like a Super Model asking if she's pretty... She already knows the answer...

You know you're not normal :W

And (BTW) entire company's have built a small industry designed to capitalize on our strangeness...

:

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                Super Senior Member
                                • May 2005

Fauzi,

Shipping a pair of 802D's to pakistan has got to cost a fortune.

Even between best of friends.........

Happy to be your friend Fauzi

Comment

• theMaximus
                                  • Jul 2004

Fauzi,

I got a simple solution for you. Buy yourself a lottery ticker for a buck and pray to the audio gods. Promise me you will share your fortune (three pairs of 800Ds and a few Mark Levinson or Classe amps will do just fine) with me for giving you this precious advise. Good karma will bring you all the luck you will ever need.

Seriously though, I got myself a pair of 802D, Krell amp, and Marantz SACD player about a month and a half ago. I was reall really happy with my set up and listened to hours and hours of music with pure joy. I told my wife and myself that I won't upgrade anything for a long while. Like you, I dreamed of having 802D for a couple of years and thinking to myself that it is more than I'll ever need.

Now here I am wondering how nice it would be to have some Classe Delta or Mark Levinson gears to complement the speakers. Or better yet, how wonderful it would be to have a pair of 800D. I think I need some professional help as much as you do.

Maybe we can get some group discounts if we went to the shrink together.
                                  Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• caleb
                                    • Aug 2004

Are you normal you ask?

Are any of us normal who get involved with this hobby????

Comment

• RebelMan
                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                      • Mar 2005

Fauzi, sounds like you have a bad case of RBR - Retroactive Buyers Remorse. :lol:
                                      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• fauzigarib
                                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by misterdoggy
                                        Fauzi,

Shipping a pair of 802D's to pakistan has got to cost a fortune.

Even between best of friends.........

Happy to be your friend Fauzi
                                        Misterdoggy!

You no worry about shipping! Shipping, I take care of. Worry you not! Headache mine!

*Droooooooooools again!

Can't talk straight at the thought of Misterdoggy's 802D's in pakistan!

Gotta sign out!

-F

Comment

• fauzigarib
                                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by theMaximus
                                          Fauzi,

I got a simple solution for you. Buy yourself a lottery ticker for a buck and pray to the audio gods. Promise me you will share your fortune (three pairs of 800Ds and a few Mark Levinson or Classe amps will do just fine) with me for giving you this precious advise. Good karma will bring you all the luck you will ever need.
                                          Maybe we can get some group discounts if we went to the shrink together.
                                          Maximus,

Yeah yeah yeah... sharing is caring and all that... but me first, then you!

And don't even try to become friendly with Misterdoggy! That WONDERFUL and ELEGANT gentleman is all mine! Look for your own B&W owner in the south of France!

While I'm at it... Misterdoggy? Anything I can get for you from here!?!?! Lots of nice carpets etc that might look nice in place of the 802's!

Fauzi

:P

Comment

• fauzigarib
                                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Soundgravy
                                            Fauzi.....You have a cute kid there!

He he... Thanks!

It was too funny... In the middle of this thread, I showed this one post of yours to the wife!

She now thinks that us audio people are not all that crazy... Thank god she didn't read the whole thing!

Fauzi

Comment

• chinets
                                              • Jun 2005

Hey Kurt,

Yup! I've seen the magic marbles in the jar ,and I have a few of those!!! Kurt,You are breaking the jar here and letting all those goodies out!!

I think fauzi has lost a few magic marbles on this thread!! God rest his poor Audio soul!!

Lovely Kid you have Fauzi, and hope the baby will appreciate your sanctuary of B&W Heaven you want to set up at your house!!! Kids and B&W don't mix well together, so enjoy the crime free zone while you are still pondering about those twin B&W Gods you are ordering.
                                              Fauzi,Any Luck with the B&W order from Karim ,the Dubai dealer?

Join the "AA" (Audiophile Anonymous), and you'll be fine Fauzi ,and that goes for Kurt too, you Krell Dog!!

Have a nice day friends,
                                              Cheers,
                                              Chinets

Comment

• chinets
                                                • Jun 2005

Yup,
                                                Fauzi has lost his marbles!!!
                                                B&W can do that to a person!! What a darn shame.
                                                Misterdoggy: For a good cause " Send your 802D to Pakistan for the Fauzi foundation of broken audiophile souls"!!
                                                Fauzi: By the way, In Pakistan do they have Madrassas for the Extremist In Audiophile behaviour?? Watch out as they might be brain washing you there!!! Those B&W Jihadist don't like waiting for b&W orders!!!! Because I can feel you are freaking out here!!
                                                Stay cool Fauzi, Misterdoggy will be send you your B&W package relief soon!!
                                                Cheers you guys!! Ha Ha what a wacko thread... but lots of fun!!!!
                                                Chinets

Comment

• misterdoggy
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • May 2005

Misterdoggy has his own "Better Misterdoggy Speaker foundation"

Send your contrtibutions to the Better Misterdoggy Speakers Foundation

and get your free poster from France

and a foto of Misterdoggy smiling while listening to his 800D's

Comment

• fauzigarib
                                                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by misterdoggy
                                                    Misterdoggy has his own "Better Misterdoggy Speaker foundation"

Send your contrtibutions to the Better Misterdoggy Speakers Foundation

and get your free poster from France

and a foto of Misterdoggy smiling while listening to his 800D's
                                                    Ouch!

With but one post, sank the Titanic of my B&W hopes.

Sadly yours,

Fauzi

Comment

• fauzigarib
                                                      • Aug 2006

B&W Jihadis!!!

Originally posted by chinets
                                                      Yup,
                                                      Fauzi has lost his marbles!!!
                                                      B&W can do that to a person!! What a darn shame.
                                                      Misterdoggy: For a good cause " Send your 802D to Pakistan for the Fauzi foundation of broken audiophile souls"!!
                                                      Fauzi: By the way, In Pakistan do they have Madrassas for the Extremist In Audiophile behaviour?? Watch out as they might be brain washing you there!!! Those B&W Jihadist don't like waiting for b&W orders!!!! Because I can feel you are freaking out here!!
                                                      Stay cool Fauzi, Misterdoggy will be send you your B&W package relief soon!!
                                                      Cheers you guys!! Ha Ha what a wacko thread... but lots of fun!!!!
                                                      Chinets
                                                      Chinets,

That's too funny an image! I have this picture of R2D2 types with a rag tied around the Marlan head, giddyapping away on horses!!! :T

"Wallah! My my diamond dome, she fall off! Abdul, get over heere."

Fauzi

PS: Yes, I did speak to Karim. he's still expensive, but I'm working on it. he was away at Cedia, so I think he should be back by now.

Thanks,

-F

Comment

• theMaximus
                                                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fauzigarib
                                                        Maximus,

Yeah yeah yeah... sharing is caring and all that... but me first, then you!

And don't even try to become friendly with Misterdoggy! That WONDERFUL and ELEGANT gentleman is all mine! Look for your own B&W owner in the south of France!

While I'm at it... Misterdoggy? Anything I can get for you from here!?!?! Lots of nice carpets etc that might look nice in place of the 802's!

Fauzi

:P

Fauzi,

Just because of I'm a generous man and you sound like a nice guy, I'll solve your problem for you. As the Power Ball lottery jackpot here in the U.S. has reached $179 million dollars, I'm getting in on the frenzy. If, no, WHEN I win the jackpot, I'll personally ship my pair of 802Ds to you. I won't be needing them anymore since I'm going to update my system with seven 800Ds or better yet seven Nautilus speakers with all the lottery cash flowing out of my pockets. Just wish me luck, not that I need any. This plan is fool-proof.

Comment

• fauzigarib
                                                          • Aug 2006

Fauzi,

Just because of I'm a generous man and you sound like a nice guy, I'll solve your problem for you. As the Power Ball lottery jackpot here in the U.S. has reached $179 million dollars, I'm getting in on the frenzy. If, no, WHEN I win the jackpot, I'll personally ship my pair of 802Ds to you. I won't be needing them anymore since I'm going to update my system with seven 800Ds or better yet seven Nautilus speakers with all the lottery cash flowing out of my pockets. Just wish me luck, not that I need any. This plan is fool-proof.
                                                          Misterdoggy who?!?!? Who is this misterdoggy we hear about??!?! i don't know anyone by that name?

Honey, let me introduce you to my new best friend, the greatly stupendous, and extremely generous Mr. TheMaximus!!!

-Fauzi

Comment

• chinets
                                                            • Jun 2005

Fauzi,
                                                            You are like one of those cameleons ( Lizard type that changes colors) that change color all the time..In your case friends. First, Misterdoggy, now The maximus what next. You two timing Audio slut you!!!!
                                                            Hey everybody, don't trust that Paki two timming Audio slut here..he is taking us all for a ride, and it ain't the Pony ride guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding!!!
                                                            You sly dog!!!! greasing the forum for 802D Tsssk Tsssk!!!!!!
                                                            Hey, someone give this guy a pair of B&W to calm his hot flashes!!!
                                                            Can anyone donate to the third world here because Fauzi is going belly up with B&W dreams and caviar hopes!!! I'll donate the D tweeters if that would calm him down!!!!
                                                            Ha Ha Ha !!
                                                            Fauzi: Let me know what your Karim Dubai dealer came up with ,and I'll follow up with him ,to get you the extra discount when you make up your mind on which speakers you will get. When you are ready and made your mind, as promised I'll give this dealer a call and see how much I can knock off for you..OK!!
                                                            NOW RELAX!!!!!!!
                                                            Cheers

Comment

• theMaximus
                                                              • Jul 2004

Fauzi,

Fauzi,

I got a good news and a bad news. The bad news is that I didn't win the lottery last night for some odd reason (odd of winning was ONLY 145 million to one). The good news is no one else won either. Now the jackpot is up to $203 million. I guess things happen for a reason, and the only reason that I can think of why I didn't win it last night was because I am going to win even bigger jackpot. Keep your fingers crossed. This time it is for sure.

The thought of using my current pair of 802Ds as my garage system after I win the lottery crossed my mind, but I'm a man of my words. You will get your share of my new found fortune after this Saturday night's lottery drawing.

Besides, I won't have any room for 802Ds in my garage since I will have to make rooms for all the Ferraris and Aston Martins that I'm planning to buy. :T

Comment

• Grasynoll
                                                                • Mar 2006

nooo

Comment

• RebelMan
                                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                                  • Mar 2005

The thought of using my current pair of 802Ds as my garage system after I win the lottery crossed my mind, but I'm a man of my words. You will get your share of my new found fortune after this Saturday night's lottery drawing.

Besides, I won't have any room for 802Ds in my garage since I will have to make rooms for all the Ferraris and Aston Martins that I'm planning to buy. :T
                                                                  You are such a tease Max. :unsure:
                                                                  "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• fauzigarib
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Aug 2006

TheMaximus,

You are a truly honest man... a rare breed, if I may be so bold as to kiss your a$$ in public!

However, cheap as I may be, and I'm not that cheap.

Send me your bank account details, so I can wire you 50 cents for my share of the ticket!

What's fair is fair!

Fauzi

Comment

• Joey_V
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jul 2005

This is too funny!!
                                                                      Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                                                                      Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                                                                      System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

Working...
                                                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                      Search Result for "|||"