X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jesse111
    • Jul 2005

The Nuatilus

Perhaps some of you heavy hitters out there can lend a hand.

The way I have my 800Ds set up makes the best music I've ever heard. Just astounding. Goose bumps, standing hair, shivers down the spine with almost every time I sit down for a listen. So, can it get any better? Has anyone ever heard, and had time to really listen to the top of the line Nautilus? What do you think and how might it compare to the 800D?

Upgrade? Who said anything about upgrade?

Just a wee bit curious.
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Apparently you didn't need to use your tone and balance controls to achieve this level of satisfaction. I suspect they would also be inadequate to reach the next level, ergo the Nautilus inquisition.

(Just messin wit ya!) LOL :T

I wish I was so fortunate to hear the Nauts. Some claim they still out perform anything else in B&W's stable. Others of course claim otherwise, that is the 800D bests it. I would just like to know which dealer has them on display to audition so I can make up my mind which to believe.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Jesse111
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
      Apparently you didn't need to use your tone and balance controls to achieve this level of satisfaction. I suspect they would also be inadequate to reach the next level, ergo the Nautilus inquisition.

Tone controls? I'll never tell. :W

Comment

• theMaximus
        • Jul 2004

When B&W decides to update the Nautilus wtih diamond tweeters, you can probably bet that it will outperform 800D. :T
        Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• Aldo
          • Sep 2005

There is nothing like the original Nautilus! I hear them, their soundstage is enormous, Last year I send an email asking B&W if they are going to upgrade the Nautilus and they told me NO, that thay were working on a Nwe top of the line speaker... so I wait and one month ago I sent another email and they told me thay stop that project and that the current nautilus is going to be just as it is and there is no plan to chage it!
          I have a pair of 800 and a pir of 802D and they are far far away fron the nautilus!

Comment

• Aldo
            • Sep 2005

Just to let you know... there is only one person in charge of building the nautilus, he make at much 2 pairs per month, there was only one time when he made 7 speakers in a month and that was for a Microsoft top notch surround setup! They cost as much as 60K and you need another 60k to get a matching 8 monoblocks, 8 top quality cables just for the active crossover, that without Preamp and sources... So put anything, dimond or lunar stone to any part of the 20K 800s and you never ever match the 60K, best looking, best sounding, best ever made speaker!

Comment

• theMaximus
              • Jul 2004

At first, I thought anything that looks outrageously beautiful couldn't possibly sound as good as it looks. I thought B&W made it to only show off their design philosophy. Then I read some first hand account of the lucky few on this forum who had chance to actually listen to these beautiful pieces of art and claimed that these speakers sounds as beautiful as they look. I guess they are like Angelina Jolie, the total package. :
              Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• Aldo
                • Sep 2005

But with 3 kids packed.... I keep the Nautilus!
                Last edited by Aldo; 16 September 2006, 14:18 Saturday.

Comment

• Aldo
                  • Sep 2005

just kiding!
                  Last edited by Aldo; 16 September 2006, 14:23 Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"