X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayhawk75
    • Apr 2006

B&W subs: the weak link?

there has been alot of discussion of subs lately. it seems to me that more than any other speaker position people on this forum are willing to mix in a non-B&W sub. alot of people mix velodyne,svs. is it somehing i am missing or does the matching of sound get thrown out when it comes to subs, or does B&W have a weak link.
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I have the ASW-850 and it is an awesome sub. I think it integrates perfectly with my N802's. It is pricey though. I am planning on buying the velodyne sms-1 soon, so it probably comes down to that for many people. I wouldnt trade my sub for anything though.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Mark_C.
      • Jan 2003

Matching a sub with a HT system is not like matching a center channel with main R/L. Sub decisions are usually made based on uses - home theater or music or both - and the type of mains. I don't have a B&W sub, but it's not because their subs aren't good. It's just that for my needs and bang for the buck, I found alternatives. If there is a criticism of B&W it's that some believe their subs are priced too high.

Comment

• WI Rotel
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Mark_C.
        Matching a sub with a HT system is not like matching a center channel with main R/L. Sub decisions are usually made based on uses - home theater or music or both - and the type of mains. I don't have a B&W sub, but it's not because their subs aren't good. It's just that for my needs and bang for the buck, I found alternatives. If there is a criticism of B&W it's that some believe their subs are priced too high.
        This is true, but so are the rest of their speakers!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"