X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dinyaar
    • Aug 2006

B&W 603 S and Nad 352

Hi guys i tried the NAD C 352 with my B&W 603 and was not happy with the sound. Wonder how it gets such super reviews? The rotels seem to sound clearer and better. Do u guys think the nad at 80 watts is too small to drive the 603?
  • fauzigarib
    • Aug 2006

Nad C370 experience

Hi there,

I haven't had any experience with the integrated that you mention, but from the same line of products, I've been running the C370 power amp for a few years now... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

However, that being said, I've been running in on very high efficiency speakers... So don't put a load on it, and it'll do you good! The minute you start drawing on it's current capacity, it'll fail...

I'm not a technical person, so I can't tell you why this happens, but I tried this on a HTM Center channel in bridged (mono) mode once and it just started clipping like there's no tomorrow...

So yes, Rotel is the way to go.

Although, from what I've read on this forum, I think you may be a tad disappointed with the Rotel also... or, put another way, it may not do your 800 series justice.

Classe, man... Classe!!!

I would also suggest used Bryston... you can get the renowned 3BST for right around 800 bucks off of ebay, and man of man what a sound that thing puts out. I've driven everything from B&W to JM Lags on it, and was tremendously satisfied... especially because until I plugged it in, I had never before heard a Bryston and, frankly, was quite skeptical of a Canadian company other than Classe.

Good luck.

Fauzi

Comment

• fauzigarib
      • Aug 2006

EEeeps! where are my reading glasses!!

Sorry... for some reason I thought you had said 803.. .not 603...

I think the same still holds for the amp though.

Regards,

Fauzi

Comment

• dinyaar
        • Aug 2006

NAD C 352 and B&W 603

Hi I wish i could afford the 800 s. But for now i have the 603 s powered by the Rotel s RC 1070/RB 1080 and Van Den Hul inters and speaker wires. Very happy with the sound.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"