X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ric888
    • Jun 2006

604 on a 22sqr mtr. room?

hi guys just want to ask if the 604 will be good at this size of room (14x18 ft) or will it be boomy and be better of to go with the 603 or just stay with my 602 and just get a pair of decent subs that would go with my 602's.

as of right now imtrying to look for alternatives so that i can buget my money better since ill still be getting a PJ and some rotel pawer amps.

thank you so much.
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

I don't think the speakers will have a boomy effect in your room vs the 603, and if they do, I'd think the 603 would also have it, and it would be in your best interests to look into room treatments.

That being said, some people have differening prefrences between the 603 and 604. Also, are you looking at multichannel or pure stereo only? Many would argue, especially for stereo, that it might be better to go with the 700 or 800 series.

The 602's + Sub isn't a bad way to go however, especially if you plan on using for HT, in which case a sub is a component you'd want regardless. Then you could always use the 602s as surrounds down the road...

Comment

• ric888
      • Jun 2006

Thanks for the reply. Finally, at least one has answered.

anyway it is going to be for HT use sir clepto, if ever i will be creating my own 2 ch system for that fact.

the options are really hard on my part for the room will still be created soon.

Its either stick with my current set up and buy the rotel 1075 and 2 good subs. (BTW: current setup is 4 x 602s3 for front and back with the LCR 600)

or get the 604 buy 1 sub then rotel 1075 and 1080...

Anyways thank you so much for the reply, at least i was able to hear even just one opinion for the topic.

More power and thanks again.

Comment

• Clepto
        • Feb 2006

Well, base on your current setup, which is very good for HT imo, you can get the electronics/subs, and then if you feel you're still lacking, move towards adding the 604s as your fronts, and use your existing 602's to go to a 7.1 system.

You might also want to think about the 1077 for power, a very nice amp, especially for HT use.

Personally, I have LCR600, 602s3 fronts, and 600s3 surrounds. My goal long term is to get some 604's for the fronts and go 7.1

22sqm is a fairly small room, so I don't think you'll NEED to go 604's or go with dual subs..

Comment

• BassThatHz
          • Jul 2006

If your goal is 7ch HT, the 1077 is worth an audition.

As far as subwoofers go, I would not recommend going smaller than a single 12 for HT. It’s always better to have too much and turn the volume knob way down…

Audition with a single asw750, if you feel you need much more power, dual Velodyne SPL-1500R's. A SMS-1 Parametric Eq can be a great addition if you find the system getting a little bottom heavy.

Hold off on the 604 for now until you have a power amp and/or sub.

Comment

• mike c
            • Dec 2005

spend the money on 1 kicka$s sub instead of dividing your resources.
            what is your current sub?

if you get big speakers ... you need big amps. (at least 200wpc for the 604)

Comment

• ric888
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by mike c
              spend the money on 1 kicka$s sub instead of dividing your resources.
              what is your current sub?

if you get big speakers ... you need big amps. (at least 200wpc for the 604)

well target is actually a rotel 1080 for the fronts and 1075 for the remaining speakers.

as for sub, i have just the velo CHT 10R as of now, planning on moving up for a 12" velo or buy anotheR CHT 10R.

NOTE: -Velo is not yet on the pics.

-This is still a part on my bedroom, so its still a small room, still single though , but will be married soon and thats where i'll be creating the planned 15 x 18 x 8 feet HT room.

- "THIS ARE JUST SAMPLE PICTURES" TO HELP JUSTIFY MY PLANS FOR BETTER JUDGEMENTS OF MY FELLOW B&W CLUB MEM. ON MY SIMPLE LITTLE THREAD.

- Oh, one last thing, Im from Manila Philippines just incase you guys would be wondering.

THANKS!

Comment

• Clepto
                • Feb 2006

Isn't it blasphemy to sidemount the 602s? (;

Comment

• ric888
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Clepto
                  Isn't it blasphemy to sidemount the 602s? (;
                  Well it may be, but that was before i realize that i would have given my rear 602's better justice. and ive already change it to a standing position.

So as you can see, my current set up is 4 602's, (F/R) and the LCR 600 with a velo CHT 10R.

and now Im planning to build the propossed room.....

BUDGET, BUDGET, BUDGET!

Comment

• Armortec
                    • Aug 2006

hold off the 604s and the dual subs. yer gonna need a whollata bigger room for those gears. 22 sqm is farly small I believe and your current 602s would do just fine, save yourself money and just splurge on a good power amp and a single 12 incher from a reputable sub company. Sub placement for a single one is hard as it is....getting a second one would just boom your room out. yer just wasting the 604s potential on a small room like that...but if 604s r yer cake and those dual subs...hire a very good acoustician. ur gonna need him a lot. bass traps too

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"