X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pookie007
    • Apr 2006

HTM4s paired with 803S

Has anyone tried this combination? I own 803s and am looking at upgrading my center (Monitor Audio Gold) to a HTM4s. the HTM3s is twice the cost, but not sure if the increased performance justifies the price. I do not have the ability to audition them side by side.

Please don't recommend I get the HTM1D with multiple Classe amplifiers, etc. My budget has to be controlled. I have a college education for my child to save for, so the HTM3s would be a stretch for me. I want to make things better, but my child's education is far more important than any piece of audio equipment. So for me to spend the extra money it would need to be a significant improvement.
  • CombatWombat
    • Jul 2006

I would recommend the HTM3 mainly for the FST driver you would really notice the difference when someone talks though both front and center

As for the match of the HTM4 I have not had the chance to compare, I think it would be safe to say it would be a similer match to the HTM7 and the 703's, But thats only guessing.

So I would say if yo really can strech with out comprimizing the most important thing (you childs education) then that would be the HTM3's would be the best best tonal match but I think there is a few ppl on the fourm that use the HTM'4 with 804's
    so lets hope one of then give you some ideas

Otherwise there is always the small mid priced HTM1 wich you should Bi-Amp with Classe M-400's that I think you would be very happy with...LOL

Comment

• wb2fcr
      • Dec 2005

I agree with CombatWombat. You really should try and match up the 803s with a center with the FST driver.

I'm currently running 804s with the HTM7 center and I notice the difference. Using the HTM4s will be about the same.

I know it's double the price, but in my opinion worth it. That's why I'm saving up to replace my HTM7 with a HTM3s.
      Dave

Comment

• Pez
        • May 2004

Pookie - sent you a PM.

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

If you spend a significant amount of time with HT then a tonally matching center will provide more gratifying results in the long run. In this case that would be the pricier HTM3S. I agree that the higher price of the HTM3S compared to the HTM4S is not commensurate with the performance gains you'll achieve but it is noticeably more open and will integrate more seamlessly with the L and R 803S across the front stage. Although, you could make do with the HTM4S if most of your time is spent on two-channel audio and you put a premium on other things.
          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"