Anyone has a crossover schematic for 804S?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Horacio
    • Jan 2005

Anyone has a crossover schematic for 804S?

I'm looking for the crossover schematics. Anyone has them? 804, 803 would be fine. 802 might work too.

I know I can just open my speakers and draw them, but I'm trying to avoid opening them just for this. yeap, could also say I'm lazy! :T

Thanks!
    Horacio
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

It should be in the service manual, downloadable from here:

Comment

• Horacio
      • Jan 2005

Thank you Shadow! I wasn't aware this document was readily available. Great!

I'm not fully understanding the schematics, though. When one uses just one pair of wires to drive the whole speaker, hence connecting the two positive and two negative binding posts in the back, there has to be an internal crossover to divide the LF from the MF & HF...but which part is that?

Thanks again!
      Horacio

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

From the schematics, there's three crossover's in there. LF binding post goes to the LF crossover which has two outputs for both LF drivers. HF binding post goes to the MF crossover, which has an output going to the midrange, and an output that goes to the HF crossover. HF crossover has an input from the MF crossover and an output to the tweeter.

Kevin D.

Comment

• stuofsci02
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Horacio
          Thank you Shadow! I wasn't aware this document was readily available. Great!

I'm not fully understanding the schematics, though. When one uses just one pair of wires to drive the whole speaker, hence connecting the two positive and two negative binding posts in the back, there has to be an internal crossover to divide the LF from the MF & HF...but which part is that?

Thanks again!
          Horacio
          The 804s has dual binding posts.... Even when connected together the top binding posts got the HF and MF crossover and the lower posts go to the LF crossover..
          Main System:
          B&W 801D
          Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
          Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
          Oppo BDP-105
          Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
          B&W CM7
          Emotiva UMC-1
          Emotiva UPA-2
          Oppo BDP-83SE
          Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• Horacio
            • Jan 2005

Thanks for the answers.

So when the two pairs of binding posts are NOT connected together in the back there is nothing really being bypassed, ah? The low pass filter is still there. For whatever reason I thought it would be different. I guess these are bad news for my active crossover + biamping plans...

Oh well. Better be aware ahead of taking the plunge.

Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"