X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • giau
    • May 2006

Looking for 804s, reasonable price

Hi! i'm looking for 804s new or good condition used one, i have local dealer over,they offer me $3500+ tax.some body could tell me how to have better deal from other sale source?i did try some on web sale,they always asking for electric banking money transfer or Westtern Union , it is looking scam sale! Thanks for all members
    Last edited by giau; 15 May 2006, 16:43 Monday. Reason: Looking for 804s
  • giau
    • May 2006

Looking for 8004s

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Hello,
      I would be careful buying on the Internet, there are a lot of scams out there and some are quite slick about how they get to you. There are however legitimate sellers but they will be all used units, B&W does not allow or offer Internet sales of their product by their dealers, so be aware of this. Also do not believe anyone who states that the warranty is transferable because it is not.
      Another problem with buying over the net is that shipping carriers are usually not kind with B&W's, the factory packaging is really not sufficient for common carrier. Looking at these options it may be better to buy from a reputable dealer, you will have a warranty, plus the service and advice that they will provide down the road.
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Rod S
        • Mar 2005

That's an average deal

giau,

That's an average to fair deal for new 804S speakers, at least in the US (12.5% discount).
        Your probably not going to find a much better deal unless you’re willing to get used from somewhere like audiogon.

Unless you plan on buying more equipment at the sametime from that dealer you’ll have limited bargaining leverage as B&W speakers are not a commodity product.

Comment

• audiojunky
          • Mar 2006

There are tons and tons of folks claiming to sell hi-end speakers on the web and people are willing to spend just because they think they've got an amazing deal.

Western Union = perfect for SCAM!!! Why, because the moment you send th emoney through Western Union, it's GONE! You cannot get it back - period!

Comment

• giau
            • May 2006

Thanks all helper

Comment

• tboooe
              • Jun 2005

you should be able to get new 804S for around $3000...keep trying

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                Super Senior Member
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by giau
                Thanks all helper
                Can you give people your location - it will help as B&W dealers can't sell out of state or they loose their B&W rights...

Comment

• giau
                  • May 2006

my location is arounr orage county south california, Thanks

Comment

• Loner
                    • Nov 2005

Since you're in Orange County, try the Sound Factor in Pasadena. Speak to Duke, the manager. He'll beat that price.

2 South Rosemead Blvd.
                    Pasadena, CA 91107
                    (626) 577-4945
                    Denon AVR 3803, Denon DVD-2900, Denon DCM-560, Samsung Monitor, Yamaha TT-400U, Yamaha K-222, Panasonic PV-V4525S

Swans 6.1's Fronts, Swans C3 center, Swans R3's rears, SVS PB13-Ultra subwoofer, Cables - Neotech, BetterCables and Blue Jeans

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"