X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tran_tuan_duc
    • Apr 2006

b&w703 vs denon pma 2000AE

HI everyone! Iam newbie i've just joined here with you today,I am from VIETNAM.My first question is:
    My current set up
    dcd denon 1500AE
    AMP denon pma 2000AE(80w*2)
    B&W 703
    Can anyone tell me if my denon 2000AE strong enough to drive 703s, I intend to get an accuphase E407 in the future,what do you think about denon2000AE? It is the new product of denon,is it popular in your countries?
    I heared accuphase E407 drive with 703s already,impressive bass even at the low volume,big soundstage,but most weakpoint of the e 407 is the price, over 2900usd for a secondhand one in vietnam.
    waiting to receive your advise,
    Many thanks
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

at 80w per channel, i'd suggest you look at a stronger 2 channel amp for the 703s. Something in the 150-200 wpc from a reputable manufacture should be plenty. Not too familar with the Denon's available models in the Asian market, but if you can afford it, I'd suggest other 2 channel amps from other companies.

Comment

• tran_tuan_duc
      • Apr 2006

thank you for your comment blazemaster,which one do you think that it should be best for my 703s: accuphase e406,407. Mc intosh 6900,rotel 1080,1090
      regards,

Comment

• jim777
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by tran_tuan_duc
        thank you for your comment blazemaster,which one do you think that it should be best for my 703s: accuphase e406,407. Mc intosh 6900,rotel 1080,1090
        regards,
        I have a McIntosh MA6500 with my 703's and it's a great match. The MA6900 would be even better....

Comment

• tran_tuan_duc
          • Apr 2006

hi jim, mc intosh 6900 in viet nam has a price at 4600usd,I haven't seen as well as heard mc intosh 6500 yet.How much is it jim?and when was it released?
          regards,

Comment

• jim777
            • Mar 2005

The MA6900 is 5000$USD since april 1st. If you can't afford it, the MA6500 is 4000$USD and it is really a great match with the 703's. Anyway you might not need the MA6900's E.Q. and output transformer. They two amps are not is the same league as the Rotels (sound&price). Also, if you can get the new McIntosh MCD201 CD player, you might as well experience sonic heaven but I had the Rotel RCD-1072 for a year and it is the best in its price range - and the black one fits OK with mac gear. Don't forget that you will eventually need a great source too, not only a great amp.

The MA6500 and MA6900 have been around for a while and they should remain current production for a long while too. The MA6300 is brand new and not really available yet. Check the specs; the mac gear with lit with bulbs are the older ones and those with "fiber optic lighting" are the newer models.

Most US McPrices are here: http://www.harveyonline.com

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"