X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laiwei23
    • Sep 2007

Denon PMA/DCD-1500AE for the 704s

Hi guys,

Would you recommend the integrated amp/CD player setup from Denon (for the 1500AE series) for the 704s?

Denon are not talked about much here is the amp (70w x 2) too weak to handle 150w 704s?

Thanks for ur feedbacks!
  • Zoran
    • Apr 2005

704s almost too soft sounding to my ears, unlike Denon' 1500AE combo which is very brave, the amplifier particularly...

It may be a very nice sounding match. Don't be afraid of Denon PMA-1500AE (dis)ability to drive any 8 ohm speaker around, including 704. Specified 70Wpc rather conservative than real - HF Choice measurments estimated about 105-110Wpc until clipping. Pretty enough power IMO...

Comment

• laiwei23
      • Sep 2007

Does anyone else have any experience with the Denon PMA/DCD-1500AE on the 704s?

Comment

• laiwei23
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Zoran
        704s almost too soft sounding to my ears, unlike Denon' 1500AE combo which is very brave, the amplifier particularly...

It may be a very nice sounding match. Don't be afraid of Denon PMA-1500AE (dis)ability to drive any 8 ohm speaker around, including 704. Specified 70Wpc rather conservative than real - HF Choice measurments estimated about 105-110Wpc until clipping. Pretty enough power IMO...
        Zoran,

Thanks for ur opinion! I took the denon 1500AEs setup back home to audition on the 704s, I was impressed the significant bass improvements over my previous setup (HK970/HD970).

Especially the UHC MOS, even I kept the volume nob at 8 o'clock, I was able to enjoy the clarity and the midrange with enough of the bass. Would you recommend having an additional RB-1070 power amp to boost some extra power? Would Rotel mix well with Denon? Anyway, to my ear, the denons are already gives me plenty of listening pleasure.

Comment

• Ted
          • May 2006

I don't have much experience with Denon or Denon/Rotel, but I have a RB-1080 with my 703's and I think that it is a great (for the money, of course there is always better) combination. You may consider even the RB-1080 if it isn't out of your budget. Even though it is rated at 200 W and the 704 are only 150 W, you are more likely to cause damage to your speakers using too low of watt amp than too much. The 1080 will have more headroom and thus sound better (fuller bass, etc.) There are certainly better sounding amps out there than Rotel, but it is really hard to beat for the money (assuming you like Rotel's sound).

Good luck and let us know what you decided!
          Ted

"I've gone to this high school for seven and a half years - I'm no dummy." - Better Off Dead opcorn:

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"