X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • springer49
    • Oct 2004

803D owners

Just a quick question on how you have your speakers set up.
    Are you using a sub with the 803D's at all, or only in home theater setup.
    If you are using a sub at what crossover are you using? 80, 60, or 40.
    I find that in 2 channel I don't require a sub but for movies it is obviously required. Thanks for your help.
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

Yup I have a sub for movies and cross over is at 40hz for the 803's and the sub rolls off at 60hz just to ensure there is no hole ... have not really tried them both at 40hz yet ... but think some overlap is warranted.

Music wise with 803's you dont need a sub provided you have a punchy amp - also depending on the source material you may want to add a sub to get to the 20-35 hz range which is around the 803's limit. So its fiddle and test time ...

So much music today is produced with sound in the 20-35 hz range that having a good sub can really complement your music.

The 803's for me have just demonstrated just how inadequate my current sub is and am looking to upgrade that now... o dear it never ends does it.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"