X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • worldys
    • Dec 2005

N802 with BAT VK-1000 monoblocks

currently running the n802 with a classe 301, i like the sound but i am still not quite satisfied (will i ever be?), love the speakers so don't want to change them, bought an omicron but it wouldn't fit in my rack and the wife said no way to adding an additional amp stand, so now i am looking at other amps, considering bat vk-1000 monoblocks, i am asking for opinions on the b&w/BAT match:

has anyone heard them together? do the nautilus sound good with BAT amplification? will it be a substantial improvement over the classe 301?

still trying pre-amps, but will probably settle on the bat vk-31se

thanks in advance

s
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

worldys...can you give us your thoughts on the BAT VK-31se? I am looking for a new preamp and was seriously considering BAT, along wth Plinius, Ayre, and Classe.

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

I've heard them with the VK500, not my favorite amp in that application. A little more laid back than I thought was appropriate. A later upgrade to a Levinson and most recently a Pass made a big improvement.

Also in the chain is a VK50SE preamp, very satisfied with it - compared it with a VK5SE and a Levinson 38S and it was the best choice IMHO.
      Danish

Comment

• worldys
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by tboooe
        worldys...can you give us your thoughts on the BAT VK-31se? I am looking for a new preamp and was seriously considering BAT, along wth Plinius, Ayre, and Classe.
        don't have an opinion about plinius or ayre since i have never listened to them in my own system, i have tried many of the classe pre-amps because i am very happy with the classe/b&W match in my home theater, but compared to classe and krell, the bat tube pre-amps sound so much more alive and textured, the classe and krell solid state pre-amps weren't bad, just sedate in comparison and not as emotial to listen to

Comment

• worldys
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by dyazdani
          I've heard them with the VK500, not my favorite amp in that application. A little more laid back than I thought was appropriate. A later upgrade to a Levinson and most recently a Pass made a big improvement.

Also in the chain is a VK50SE preamp, very satisfied with it - compared it with a VK5SE and a Levinson 38S and it was the best choice IMHO.
          that is diasappointing new about the vk500, the vk1000 is a very similar design just more power, so that is one bad vote for bat, i biamped my previious pair of n803s with 2 vk200s and was dissapointed, but i remember hearing a vk500 with a pair of n801 at a dealer and i thought it sounded great, thus my big hopes for the 1000s

i have been so impressed with their pre-amps i keep expecting their amps to blow me away as well, i also had a 50se for a while but thought the 31se sounded a but more detailed, saving up for a 51se, they recently introduced a 42se, don't know where if fits in their heirarchy

but enough about pre-amps, any one else interested in shariing their thoughts on Classe vs. BAT amplification for a pair of n802?

Comment

• dyazdani
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by worldys
            that is diasappointing new about the vk500, the vk1000 is a very similar design just more power, so that is one bad vote for bat, i biamped my previious pair of n803s with 2 vk200s and was dissapointed, but i remember hearing a vk500 with a pair of n801 at a dealer and i thought it sounded great, thus my big hopes for the 1000s
            I'm not giving it a bad vote, just that I preferred a few other amps instead. If YOU like the BAT better, certainly don't let anyone's opinion stop you.

They still sounded great with the BAT, but a bit more detailed and lively with the other two amps.
            Danish

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"