X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor
    • May 2005

B&W 804S best paired with?

I am trying to get information on cd players to match with 804S speakers. I am looking at the Dennon DVD-2910 or the Rotel RCD 1072. I am just trying to get some info on reliabilty and quality. I know it comes down to a personal preferance in sound and equipment run with it. I am currently running an Adcom MK 555 11 amp and 555 preamp right now. In the future I want to upgrade my amp and preamp for something better so that does not need to be relevant in my decision process.
    Thanks for any help
    Trevor
  • Pez
    • May 2004

I have the 804S's with a 1072 and 2910. For music its a no brainer, the 1072 all the way. You might have better luck with the question in another forum (rotel or audio hideout).

Comment

• MarcoJ
      • Oct 2005

I have a marantz dv9500 in combination with the 804s. The dv9500 is an excellent performer and very musical. I am not using a separate cd player anymore :T

Comment

• bryan w
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Trevor
        I am trying to get information on cd players to match with 804S speakers. I am looking at the Dennon DVD-2910 or the Rotel RCD 1072. I am just trying to get some info on reliabilty and quality. I know it comes down to a personal preferance in sound and equipment run with it. I am currently running an Adcom MK 555 11 amp and 555 preamp right now. In the future I want to upgrade my amp and preamp for something better so that does not need to be relevant in my decision process.
        Thanks for any help
        Trevor
        i use a shanling cdt80 superb player
        screenplay 7205 6ft owl fixed screen pioneer ax10ai pioneer 989dvd sky+ clear audio emotion tt ,trichord dino phono stage ,shanling cdt80 cd nautilus 804s fronts htm3s centre scms rears cdmnt sub

Comment

• nyny
          • Jul 2004

Trevor, I used to have the RCD1072/804S combo and loved it. I A-B tested the Denon 3910 (big brother of 2910) against the RCD1072 at home and much preferred the sound of RCD1072. IMHO, there is no contest between the two for music listening.

A few months ago, I replaced my RCD1072 with the Marantz SA11S1 SACD/CD player. IMHO, the Marantz produces a more musical sound...RCD1072 sounded more analytical/edgy in comparison (which is not necessary a bad thing since some people like their music that way). Then there is SACD performance on the SA11s1, simply incredible!! I better stop now before I get too far off tangent.

Hope this helps.
          Tony

Comment

• kurtholz
            • Feb 2005

isnt it funny, how you always here, each individual will have there own opinion, i replaced my Denon 3910 with a Rotel 1060, i thought it was a huge downgrade, dumped it and went for an arcam dv29, it was a huge upgrade from either of the other two,

of course, more money, but there wasnt that diminishing return factor as much as you see with other components

good luck on which ever one you go with

Kurt

Comment

• Trevor
              • May 2005

Thansk I went my dealer today and he is going to let me take home the Rotel and Dennon to compare. I know it does not come down to looks but I really like the look of the Rotel vs the dennon. I think I will uprgrade my speaker wire before I try out these cd players. I will check into the marantz if it is not to expensive.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"