X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guyk
    • Jan 2006

B&W Center Channel 600 Series

I am looking @ buying the LCR60 S3 to match my DM602 S3's. I have heard that a better choice is the LCR600 S3? Does anyone have any thoughts? I am currently using a 2 channel Yamaha receiver. However, I am currently evaluating various Home Theatre receivers to upgrade.
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

LCR600 is light years ahead of the LCR60. Just a simple movie test will reveal that. I recommend the LCR600 hands down.
    dan87951
    audio guru

Comment

• weijst
      • Jun 2004

I used to have the LCR60 S3 with the DM602 S3. Not a good combination if you ask me... Get the LCR600 S3 instead!
      Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• asrovnal
        • Jan 2005

How would the LCR600 S3 sound with a pair of 703, currently using HTM 7?

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

The 703 will show the limitation of the LCR600....the HTM7 is a better center.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• asrovnal
            • Jan 2005

PewterTA: Thanks for the info. My wife and son are for Pittsburg so I take the other side. Sunday will tell.

Comment

• Clepto
              • Feb 2006

While the LCR600s3 is a MUCH better CC, it's also freaking huge. And while I elected to go LCR600s3 rather than the LCR60s3 (along with 602s3s for L/R), my biggest regret is that accomodating the center channel speaker in furniture is almost impossible. I really like the BDI HT credenza, but there's no way an LCR600S3 can fit (but the 60s3 can)

The LCR60s3 is much smaller, lighter, and much easier to place. Just something to keep in mind.

Comment

• Kirium
                • Sep 2005

I found the same problem when I got the LCR600. It's a brilliant centre, but massive. I've ended up having a custom built timber unit created with the measurements I need to fit the speaker. Nothing else off the shelf would fit the LCR600.

Comment

• Clepto
                  • Feb 2006

The only 'off the shelf' furniture I've found that can accomodate the LCR600s3 is the Salamander Designs Triple or Quad. I have a triple, and while it's a little small, as long as you put the speaker in at a slight angle, you can then position it so it's even. You can't just put it straight in though.

Comment

• beehive
                    • May 2005

well i have DM602 S3 and LCR60, and for me they are good match...
                    LCR600 is huge 8O and will dominate your front speakers..remember that your fronts are still your mains....go for LCR60, it will give you the sound intended for your DM602 S3.

Comment

• drsiebling
                      • Jan 2006

I'm having a similar problem deciding on a good center match for the 602s3. I've got a nice line on a B&W CM-C. Would that be a good match for the 602s3? From what I understand the CM-C is quite a bit of an improvement over the LCR60 and LCR600. Would I be wrong about that?

Comment

• gregj66
                        • Aug 2005

I use an inverted 602S3 as my centre. First with my L/R 602s and now with my L/R 603s. Sounds great, but looks funny towering over the TV.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"