X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidB
    • Jan 2006

Sunfire Grand Signature Amp with B&W's

Has anyone ever tried one of these with B&W speakers? Specs look pretty impressive 400 watts into 8 ohms and 800 watts into 4 ohms. Sunfire subwoofers come highy recommended, just never heard anything about the amps.

Thanks
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

I have never heard them with B&Ws. I do, however, see a LOT of positive comments regarding their use with Martin Logans. In fact, Gayle Sanders himself uses a couple in his rig.
    Danish

Comment

• DavidB
      • Jan 2006

Only reason I've heard of them is because my dealer has recommended the Sub. As you say they do seem to get a lot of great reviews.

Comment

• Jeff
        • Dec 2004

I've heard the Sunfire amps are kind of noisy, hiss. Their Cinema Grand Signature Series II has 5 channels at 425 wpc and it doubles in to 4 ohms! This interested me. After checking into them I didn't like what I heard. With my Proceed amp being very quiet, the Sunfires wouldn't have been a good switch.

I picky on my two channel listening. Any hiss at all would bother me. For those who listen primarily to HT, it would likely be fine.

Jeff

Comment

• JKalman
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by DavidB
          Has anyone ever tried one of these with B&W speakers? Specs look pretty impressive 400 watts into 8 ohms and 800 watts into 4 ohms. Sunfire subwoofers come highy recommended, just never heard anything about the amps.

Thanks
          I think there was a bad review on Audiholics of one of their amps. Here it is: Sunfire Theater Grand III Review.

I don't know too much about the site or the credentials of the reviewers there, so take it with a grain of salt. It isn't a review of the amp you are looking at, but it might speak to production problems the company has in general...

Comment

• DavidB
            • Jan 2006

That bad review is for a processor but it's good to see! How often do you see a bad review? Er hardly ever.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"