X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

Classe CAM 400 are here, Fantastic !!!

HI
    Just received my new CAM 400s in a special delivery tonight. You wait and dream for years to get to this moment, and there it came, simple and blunt. the boxes with "Classe'" monoblocks are in your room..
    Excited and thrilled as I have been, these beauties were unpacked (WOW ! beautiful and Huge-94 lbs per piece ! ) and quickly hooked up to the
    B&w803s
    the Rotel 1068 and 1060.
    First few seconds I was horrified, is there actually NO DIFFERENCE from the Rotel 1095 ?? 10K amp and thats it ??? and than as the minutes and the music went by, as the volume got crancked up, the truth started to slowly unveil. HUGE soundstage,clarity and so much power, I could go higher and higher to volumes where the rotels would hurt my ears, with the Classe it just was better and better,warm, silky, addicting sound, and the musical nuances , oh the nuances.. lower frequencies are so tight and detailed, human female voices ( like Carly Simon's voice ) just unbelievably realistic.
    Can't imagine this amp with better source such as cp500/ssp600...
    (Is there a way to attach photos, each pic is ~1mb which is too large, any tricks ?)
    What a night
    Eliav
    Last edited by Eliav; 25 January 2006, 03:24 Wednesday.
    :T Socrat
  • george_k
    • Jan 2004

pff... classe... they're anything amplifiers :W

Comment

• worldys
      • Dec 2005

hi

i just bought a classe 301 for my b&w n803s, wasn't sure if it would be overkill for the speakers, glad to hear you had such a good experience with your classe monos, it tells me i made a good choice and that the speakers still have a lot of unrealizd potential (i tried them with a bat vk500, bi-amped with 2 vk-200s, a krell 250a, and a classe delta 2100 but something just wasn't quite right, hope the 301 will be the right fit)

s

Comment

• misterdoggy
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

Eliav,
        You can reduce the size of your fotos by going to image size and make them something like 20cm high and 72DPI and that should make them around 100K. You may even have the option to "save for the internet" and reduce the size further.

Congrats on the Mono's. They will only get better and better. Next move is a processor to go with the level of speakers and amp's

Comment

• stewfoo
          • Jul 2005

Sweet!!!!!
          Stew

Comment

• Eliav
            • Jul 2005

Thanks guys ! It's great to have people around who can truely share the excitement of such toys.
            I will post photos hopefully tonight(after I spend a few more hours with THE BEASTS :W )
            Cheers
            Eliav

Comment

• Eliav
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by worldys
              hi

i just bought a classe 301 for my b&w n803s, wasn't sure if it would be overkill for the speakers, glad to hear you had such a good experience with your classe monos, it tells me i made a good choice and that the speakers still have a lot of unrealizd potential (i tried them with a bat vk500, bi-amped with 2 vk-200s, a krell 250a, and a classe delta 2100 but something just wasn't quite right, hope the 301 will be the right fit)

s
              It should be great. basically ,the better the electronics behind your speakers- the better you speakers perform, i guess there is no overkill with driving your 803s when it comes to power and quality. I learned this from other forum members experience, I can tell you, my short experience with the CAM 400 is just heaven, pure joy.
              Eliav

Comment

• aphexist
                • Jan 2004

As long as you keep spending money, your system will keep getting better. I asked Classe and B&W about this, and they totally agreed!

Comment

• Fraise
                  • Dec 2004

I know exactly how you feel. i shared the same excitment when i brought home my CAV-180. for me that was the my last step having purchased an SSP-60 a few months before and already having 803's. There was a night and day difference between the bass right away and at loud volumes i was jsut blown away. Congrats on the CAM-400's, You'll have a blast.

Comment

• Eliav
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Eliav
                    HI
                    Just received my new CAM 400s in a special delivery tonight. You wait and dream for years to get to this moment, and there it came, simple and blunt. the boxes with "Classe'" monoblocks are in your room..
                    Excited and thrilled as I have been, these beauties were unpacked (WOW ! beautiful and Huge-94 lbs per piece ! ) and quickly hooked up to the
                    B&w803s
                    the Rotel 1068 and 1060.
                    First few seconds I was horrified, is there actually NO DIFFERENCE from the Rotel 1095 ?? 10K amp and thats it ??? and than as the minutes and the music went by, as the volume got crancked up, the truth started to slowly unveil. HUGE soundstage,clarity and so much power, I could go higher and higher to volumes where the rotels would hurt my ears, with the Classe it just was better and better,warm, silky, addicting sound, and the musical nuances , oh the nuances.. lower frequencies are so tight and detailed, human female voices ( like Carly Simon's voice ) just unbelievably realistic.
                    Can't imagine this amp with better source such as cp500/ssp600...
                    (Is there a way to attach photos, each pic is ~1mb which is too large, any tricks ?)
                    What a night
                    Eliav
                    not a great photographer, this is what I got, a new rack is on it's way...

Comment

• krellfan
                      • Jul 2005

Great setup. The new Classe stuff are beautiful. Enjoy the new toys.

Comment

• Eliav
                        • Jul 2005

Thanks

Comment

• jericho
                          • Dec 2004

Very good choice, enjoy!!!

Comment

• misterdoggy
                            Super Senior Member
                            • May 2005

Nice Fotos, Great Setup !! Enjoy the Music

Comment

• chinets
                              • Jun 2005

They are huge!!!!!!!!Sensational set up!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Now let the beat go on.............ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Wizard-of-Odd
                                • Jun 2005

Oh My! Those are very, very nice!

Kevin
                                It's fun being the only grownup in the house.

Comment

• Jeff
                                  • Dec 2004

You have the envy of us all, enjoy!

Jeff

Comment

• PewterTA
                                    • Nov 2004

You know what, I think you should send them to me to test and see how the rack will hold them......

hee hee.

They look great and I bet once they get some hours under them, they'll sound even better, I want to get the 400s with the 802Ds...but life just won't allow it (if it ever does).

So enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Sure you don't want a nice Rotel RMB-1095 and I'll throw in an RB-1080 as well for those??? lol. Couldn't resist.
                                    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                                    -Dan

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"