X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmccombs
    • Sep 2006

Amps to match Classe CAM-350?

I just purchased Classe CAM-350 Monoblocks for my B&W 802Ds (Fronts) and my Center channel.

I would like to get Classe amps with a similar sound signature for my Rear speakers, which are B&W 804S (50-200 wpc).

What would you recommend?

Thanks,
    Darrell
    Last edited by dmccombs; 23 May 2007, 16:45 Wednesday.
  • dmccombs
    • Sep 2006

Wow, quiet group today.

Maybe I can ask a slightly different question. Is there any sound difference between the CA-200, CA-201, CA-300, CA-301 amps? I have done searches on other sites and the results are mixed. I figure the Classe forum has the experts. ;x(

Thanks,
    Darrell

Comment

• dmccombs
      • Sep 2006

Would it sound bad if I left my Krell Kav-250a powering the Rears (804S)? Will the mismatch be that noticable?
      Last edited by dmccombs; 25 May 2007, 08:15 Friday.

Comment

• Glen B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by dmccombs
        Wow, quiet group today.

Maybe I can ask a slightly different question. Is there any sound difference between the CA-200, CA-201, CA-300, CA-301 amps? I have done searches on other sites and the results are mixed. I figure the Classe forum has the experts. ;x(

Thanks,
        Darrell
        If you're looking for sonic signature, all Classé amps share a basic "house sound" that is often considered warm, smooth and "tubelike." The CA-200 and CA-201 are the same circuit but just have different cosmetics. The CA-300 adds more power and better parts complement. The CA-301 and CA-401 are similar to the CA-300 and CA-400 but have some trickle-down circuit design borrowed from the Omega series and are a bit more transparent and detailed. The CAM-350 and CAM-200 are the same generation as the CA-X01 amps. IMHO, you should be able to get by with any of the CA-X00 or CA-X01 amps for center and surround channels.

Glen

Comment

• dmccombs
          • Sep 2006

Glen,

Thanks for the feedback. It is very informative.

This amp will be used on my Rear speakers. Do you think I would hear the difference between a CA-200 and a CA-301, with all the other channels playing.

Thanks,
          Darrell

Comment

• Glen B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by dmccombs
            Glen,

Thanks for the feedback. It is very informative.

This amp will be used on my Rear speakers. Do you think I would hear the difference between a CA-200 and a CA-301, with all the other channels playing.

Thanks,
            Darrell
            Likely not, as long as the CA-200 is driven within its limits versus the more powerful CAM-350s on the fronts.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"