X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caleb
    • Aug 2004

Marker Audio

Those of you who are regular visitors here may remember the thread about the snail speakers that were being made by a German company Marker Audio.

Whilst recently in Germany I paid them a visit just to see what they were like.

I was amazed to see these little snails and they did sound quite good.

But they explained that in an agreement with B&W they could only produce 55 of these and that they had sold out very quickly.

(The demo pair was not for sale).

They did however say that they were planning on releasing another speaker in the second quarter of this year that would "take my breath away"

This will be an interesting site to visit to see what is is.
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

and then to share it in a place besides Club B & W, because this is not B & W....

Respectively,
    Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• caleb
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Lex
      and then to share it in a place besides Club B & W, because this is not B & W....

Respectively,
      Doug
      Hmmm, I actually thought that this forum would like a bit of follow up on a previous thread.

Obviously not as open minded as I thought, but typically American in thinking.

Respectfully
      CALEB

British by birth as are B&W speakers.

Comment

• Alf hart
        • Jan 2006

I think we can do without people like Caleb on this forum.

Comment

• Kobus
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Alf hart
          I think we can do without people like Caleb on this forum.
          Alf

Who the hell are you to make such statements. If you were here before under another name then make your comments under such name. It will be accepted.

If this is really your first post, I think you can hit the road.

Kobus

Doug, I understand your comments, but, let's chat.

Comment

• shadow
            • Dec 2003

Well, judging by posted responses the last few days, this is not a very friendly forum for new users. Showing someone up publicly who may mistakenly post in an inappropriate forum is hardly the way to get new contributors.

Comment

• stewfoo
              • Jul 2005

True! This has been a rather hostile environment lately. Why don't we all just have an HTGuide forum party somewhere and have a cage match. I think I would win. Any challengers? I will go easy on Lex and Andrew Ward.
              Stew

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
                • May 2004

LOL,
                This site never has a dull moment. I am starting to think that a lot of these posts are really actors paid to come and start stuff. And I mean that from both sides. This is a very hostile forum, very rude at times from the posters and the administration. The trolls and snobby posters seem to balance out some of the moderators responces. When a newbie comes along and asks a very valid question (without knowing how it works here), they will be attacked. A common response is: "If you do not like it then leave". An interesting business plan.

I guess, like pro wrestling and Nascar crashes, we as a society yearn for the drama. So bring on the trolls, the $100k amp snobs and the newbies with cable questions.

Let me get my popcorn.
                Steel

Comment

• Alf hart
                  • Jan 2006

Thanks Kobus for y our very kind words.

Bye all - I won't be coming back here again.

Comment

• stewfoo
                    • Jul 2005

stick around bro, I just challenged everyone in here to a cage match. I need your backup!
                    Stew
                    Stew

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by stewfoo
                      stick around bro, I just challenged everyone in here to a cage match. I need your backup!
                      Stew
                      I prefer Hell In a Cell.
                      Steel

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"