X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CougarCruiser
    • Sep 2005

Can someone check or provide input on "blue book value" for B&W 6 series

Can anyone provide me some advise on what the value of a 1 year old, fantastic condition LCR600 S3 might be worth on the private market? Also, a set of 602 S3's with stands? Both are black and about 1-2 years old.

I have no idea where to go with a fair "offer" -- please help!
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Try audiogon. Most speakers sold there are in excellent condition, and should give you a fair idea of the price value.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• CougarCruiser
      • Sep 2005

I have already hunted through audiogon. I see many postings that list what I feel are high prices for used equipment...

I'm looking for some other opinions outside of audiogon and eBay. I've been keeping my eye out on those sites for quite some time now.

Comment

• Eliav
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by CougarCruiser
        Can anyone provide me some advise on what the value of a 1 year old, fantastic condition LCR600 S3 might be worth on the private market? Also, a set of 602 S3's with stands? Both are black and about 1-2 years old.

I have no idea where to go with a fair "offer" -- please help!
        Hi
        You need to log on to audiogon. Click on "blue book" and register. You pay 19.95$ which will give you a free access (one month)to all brands and makes including MSRP and used gear value.
        Good Luck
        Eliav
        :T Socrat

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

You shouldn't have to pay $20 just to get the Blue-Book values of gear...

Sorry I think that's just wrong. I think you should have to pay to sell your stuff on Audiogon (deters false listings), but to just be able to see the BBV???? Sorry... just wrong.

Though that's just my opinion.

The value should be decent for the 600 series I think.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Cougar, are you trying to buy or sell? I watch this stuff all of the time, 2 to 3 times a day, I know my prices fairly well.
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• CougarCruiser
              • Sep 2005

I am in the market to purchase...

I've heard the 600 series B&W's and love the value of the line. I know I can easily get 10-15% of retail from a dealer for brand new... And everything I've seen online is only marked off 20-25%.

Now... intelligence tells me that if I can buy new for a few bucks more... I will do that. Example... LCR600 is on my list. MSRP is 500. I can score a new one for roughly 400-425. Don't charge me 350+shipping for a used one. Now... 250+shipping is a great deal. But it doesn't seem that is the "going rate".

So I'm just investigating... and seeing what is out there.

I have a local guy selling an LCR600 and some 602's... he wants 650 for a pair of 602's and he'll throw in some cheap stands... MSRP for 602's is 600 brand new? WTF? the LCR... I think he wants 400 for it. It cracks me up!

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                • May 2004

650 for the 602s are wishful thinking, since that's more than what the stores charges for them. You'd be surprised at how low the B&Ws are listed as in the BB, I've been told that my B&W704s are listed as about $1100-1200, but most people would pay about $1500 for a pair of used ones. B&Ws do hold their value very well in the used market.

Comment

• P1et
                  • Jan 2006

The thing is that B&W speakers are always going to do well in the second-hand market and they will always be in high demand. Which of course ends up in high prices... But $650 for a pair of used 602 S3s is stupid as they aren't even that much new!!!

Comment

• beehive
                    • May 2005

here in BAHRAIN. 602 S3 is only $350....brand new

Comment

• shadow
                      • Dec 2003

Price is only stupid if it does not sell. Suggest you wait and see if it moves at or near that price before you draw any conclusions. Just because you would not pay it does not mean others would not too. Not everyone is in an area to get new gear at a good price. I have seen plenty of gear on audiogon and ebay sell for far more than I would pay or expect it to sell for, but thats the free market.

Comment

• Ryx
                        • Oct 2005

I have seen a pair of matrix 805s sell for $500US more then they cost when they were new! I dunno why they paid so much in that auction but I am guessing it was the rare color that they were, and the fact the were in mint condition. Just goes to show you that sometimes, because of how rare they might be, speakers can sell for a lot more then you would think they should.

this doesn't usually hold true to 600 series stuff though because B&W sells many pairs of these so they are far from rare. (except for the 605 S2s which are relativly hard to come by)

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"