X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.Wales
    • Dec 2005

B&W 804 vs Revel F50

I realize that there is a fundamental flaw with asking this question here, but here goes.

I have been a long time B&W speaker fan, and have focused in on the 804 for there size and price. Tonight I went to a store to audition some electronics with the speakers and they had a pair of Revel F 50s on sale for half price, brand new. I realize that these are more comparable to the 803, but I cannot spend full price, so I am getting an upgrade for free. I enjoyed the Revels tremendously, not as bright as the 804s but much fuller. It seems like to good a deal to pass up, but I have been looking at the 804s for so long, I need opinions. Basically for the same price, I can have either speaker. Thoughts are greatly appreciated.
  • tdiciple
    • Nov 2005

Hot topic. I would like to hear people opinions on this matter as well.

I have been hearing good words about the Revel but never actually got a chance to test them out.

Comment

• krellfan
      • Jul 2005

I have some experience with Revel speakers. Most of the Revel speakers sound somewhat similar - very detail and accurate sounding to my ears. Some people may find them a bit analytical, bright and forward. It all depends on the electronics it's mated with. Personally, I like Revel speakers and I currently own the Ultima Studios, Performa M20, Voice, B15 and Embrace speakers in my HT system.
      I have hot heard the 804 so I can't comment on it.

I also have the 802D, HTM2D and 805S in setup as well and I am having a tough time deciding which set is better. The 802D has very smooth sound and fuller sound with a bit more bass than the Revel Studio. The Studio on the otherhand has more accurate bass but overall sounds a bit cooler and less forwarding sounding than the 802D.

The HTM2D has only about 10-15 hours on them so it's not broken in yet but out of the box, the vocal sounds a bit boxy/chesty. The Revel Voice sounds much more natural to me but hopefully the HTM2D will improve with time.

The 805S sounds better the Revel M20 fresh out of the boxes.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"