X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boone38
    • Dec 2004

Value of the B & W speakers

I had a pair of 805S and sold them for what I think was too low. I am now in the market for a pair of 804s. Have been watching audiogon and here everyday. I have seen them listed for the N series anywhere from 2200-2900.00 for the same years and finish and what seems to be the same conditon.

I understand that a seller wants the most they can obtain. I tried to look at the audiogon Blue Book by they want $49.99/yr for a subscription that I might use only a few times.

Outside watching the ads and selling costs. How does one know if they are getting a good (fair) deal? Are there any free sites to look at for audio values?

Will be looking for a good amp and pre/pros soon as well. Will be in the same delima.

Thanks
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

From what I have seen a used pair of 805S's bring about 1800-2000 in perfect condition. The 804 non "s" model seems to bring around $2200-$2500 in good condition and the 804 "S" model brings about $2900-$3200. Thats just my observations.
    dan87951
    audio guru

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"