X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeepEndX
    • Feb 2005

upgrade 801D vs 800D

First I want to thank all the forum members giving me much insight about B&W and it has helped me a lot.

Currently I have N801 as my front 2ch speakers and my dealer is offering a chance to upgrade to either 801D or 800D. I am going to audition the speakers next week, so I would like to be fully prepared. Besides the physical appearance (i.e., 801D being a little fat), I would like to hear any comments or suggestions which speaker I should choose in terms of sound and quality.

Thanks for all your comments!
  • JKalman
    • Nov 2005

800D is the best speaker they make, in terms of sound quality.

Comment

• Matt M.
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DeepEndX
      First I want to thank all the forum members giving me much insight about B&W and it has helped me a lot.

Currently I have N801 as my front 2ch speakers and my dealer is offering a chance to upgrade to either 801D or 800D. I am going to audition the speakers next week, so I would like to be fully prepared. Besides the physical appearance (i.e., 801D being a little fat), I would like to hear any comments or suggestions which speaker I should choose in terms of sound and quality.

Thanks for all your comments!
      Those two speakers are quite different.
      The 800D is more "musical", more subtle, a bit more airy whereas the
      801D is more dynamic, more "impressive" (not only in the bass), and can
      deliver a higher acoustic pressure.
      The 801D is also more a "sudio" model, that will be more demanding in
      term of amplification and room.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"