X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boozyuzi
    • Jan 2006

B&W 805S's - magnetically shielded ?

Hi there, new member here.

I am thinking about changing my N805's for a pair of 805S's. I know that the N805's are shielded and that the 805 sigs are not. So, does anyone know if the new 805S's are magnetically shielded ?

thanks.
    • Nov 2005

HI Boozy,
    I don't think so. I have the new 805S and also the HTM4 center. The documentation on the HTM4 underlines its magnetic shielding. The 805S documentation makes no mention of shielding.

Sparky

Comment

• shades
      • Mar 2005

They are not magnetically shielded, however you can get them pretty close to the TV before you see any changes (7" on either side and i still can go closer). I have the same set up as Karma has. I can double check when i get home from work and give you an exact measurement before it affects the TV. Hope this helps.

Peter
      B&W, McIntosh, Rotel, PS3, OPPO, Pioneer, Cat Cables, Sound Anchors

Comment

• Boozyuzi
        • Jan 2006

Thanks, that would be a big help.

My N805's are only about 3" from my 32" CRT TV which sits in the corner of the room. If there is a problem then maybe I will wait and get my 805S's once the plasma or LCD screen arrives - which could be a few years yet.

Comment

• Boone38
          • Dec 2004

I have a set of 805s and the HTM4 as well. My 805s are next to my Pioneer Elite 53" tv by 4-5". I see no issues with the TV. Will your dealeer let you take a set home to view as mine did? Good Luck :T

Comment

• shades
            • Mar 2005

I did a measurement and got them as close as 2.5" before i seen an effect on the TV. As well you can move them forward or back and it sometimes chages for the better or worst in my case.

Peter
            B&W, McIntosh, Rotel, PS3, OPPO, Pioneer, Cat Cables, Sound Anchors

Comment

• Boozyuzi
              • Jan 2006

Thanks for the replies.

It's only the front right hand side of the speaker that is 3" from the front left hand side of the TV. The speaker is against the wall and the TV is diagonally across the corner (hope that makes sense).

how far back in the speaker cabinet are the magnets ? - about 3 " ???

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"