X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rolski
    • Feb 2005

802D in Black Ash - pics please.

I've decided to upgrade my N803's to 802D's but I have yet to see any good photos of these speakers in Black Ash. My local dealer does not have every colour on display - they've only the cherry & rosenut - with B&W also being seemingly reticent to post pictures on their website.
    I am concerned that the 802D's in black will be too "Dalek"-like, or potentially look like the proverbial black boxes especially as they are large, but black matches all of my other speakers & my TAG-McLaren system.
    If anyone owns some black 802D's, or perhaps even the original N802's in black, could they please post some pictures to give me a hand in making my decision....?
    Thanks.
  • greggz
    • Jun 2002

I am concerned that the 802D's in black will be too "Dalek"-like
    I always thought the black ones looked more Darth Varder-ie. I chose black for my 805's because I was doing a theater and wanted them to be rather inconspicuous. If I was doing just stereo I would have probably chosen the natural cherry.

Here are some images I found using Google.

Last edited by greggz; 06 December 2005, 08:54 Tuesday.
    Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• rolski
      • Feb 2005

Thanks greggz.
      Anyone have any pictures in a more domestic setting ?

Comment

• JKalman
        • Nov 2005

I didn't like black on the 7 series speakers I had. I like the cherry on my 802Ds better, but, if I could go back in time, I would get rosenut now instead, it matches my decor better in my office (I assumed the cherry would be darker and not as maple looking). That close up studio picture is more realistic, the closest speaker is how they appear normally, Black with dark grey woodgrain, which is what I didn't like about them... They look cheaper like that IMO.

Comment

• GregLett
          • May 2005

I had black in the CDM 7 didn't like the look much. Piano black
          is much nicer.
          Greg

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"