X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kurtholz
    • Feb 2005

805s question, and arcam question

just picked up my 805s friday, they really sound great, i tried them as fronts just to see how they sound as a main, wow, i could see these working very well in a small space

they really add a nice touch as rear surrounds though,

my question was they came with baffles in the ports, are these just an option item or are they there for a reason?

i havent messed with them enough to figure out what they do sound wise, of course as surrounds they just blend in anyway

had some friends over saturday night, funny i was bragging about them, they mentioned they couldnt hear them, so i did a little test, on playback i turned off my Krell 3 channel i use for the fronts,

and i was on a matrix setting so lots of info coming out of them, my friends were blown away after they heard what was coming from just the rears

got rid of them about 1:30 A:M, after we had gone thru so many CD's and dvd's

looks like the Arcam player is my next new toy to pick up , any thoughts on it as a dedicated dvd player and cd player

my original thoughts were just to go for a cd only player, but the dealer has talked me into trying the arcam dv something, the $3000 one, for both

the shanling, cary would be a few i would love to hear, but no dealers in Oklahoma, any comments much appreciated on which way to go
  • akhter
    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by kurtholz
    just picked up my 805s friday, they really sound great, i tried them as fronts just to see how they sound as a main, wow, i could see these working very well in a small space

they really add a nice touch as rear surrounds though,

my question was they came with baffles in the ports, are these just an option item or are they there for a reason?

i havent messed with them enough to figure out what they do sound wise, of course as surrounds they just blend in anyway

had some friends over saturday night, funny i was bragging about them, they mentioned they couldnt hear them, so i did a little test, on playback i turned off my Krell 3 channel i use for the fronts,

and i was on a matrix setting so lots of info coming out of them, my friends were blown away after they heard what was coming from just the rears

got rid of them about 1:30 A:M, after we had gone thru so many CD's and dvd's

looks like the Arcam player is my next new toy to pick up , any thoughts on it as a dedicated dvd player and cd player

my original thoughts were just to go for a cd only player, but the dealer has talked me into trying the arcam dv something, the $3000 one, for both

the shanling, cary would be a few i would love to hear, but no dealers in Oklahoma, any comments much appreciated on which way to go
    I believe you are talking about the FMJ DV29. I have the CD73 for music and a Denon 2910 for DVDs and I am seriously considering getting a DV29 as a one unit solution. I use Arcam AVR300 driving N804s. I love the clean transparent sound of arcams--perfect complement for B&W 800 series.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"