X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angioguy
    • Nov 2005

803S Purchase

A few weeks ago, I asked your advice on compatibility of the B&W 803S with the Arcam AVR-300.... Well, I received the 803S (rosenut) just a few days ago, and got 'em set up and running this weekend. What I have is a Pioneer Elite Pro 920 HD Plasma TV, Arcam AVR-300, B&W 803S and B&W HTM-4S center channel speaker and Nordost Super Flatline MKII speaker cable.

With very little tweaking thus far, I must say, these speakers rock, both in 2-channel and home theater modes. Music sounds uncolored and is quite detailed. Who knew that 7" woofers could deliver such tight, clean visceral bassl? Imaging is very good, nonetheless.... Needless to say, it's a far cry from my former Adcom GFA/GFP-555 + B&W DM-330's.

I know that in order to really exploit all the 803's have to offer, I should seriously consider buying power. Recently I gave a listen to the 803's with Class'e, Jeff Rowland and McIntosh power amps-- I really liked the Rowland and the MC-252-- which is likely the road I'll take when I get the $$. For now, I am thoroughly enjoying breaking in these babies.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with me.
    B&W 802D, HTMS-4; Velodyne DD-12, Arcam AVR-300, McIntosh MC-402, Musical Fidelity KW-SACD, Pioneer Elite

"... these go to eleven."
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

Glad you like 'em. Got any pics?
    Danish

Comment

• george_k
      • Jan 2004

Angioguy,

If you have 2-ch to spare on your AVR-300 you might consider passively bi-amping your 803's for the time being. I've read about other people doing this and they mentioned they were pleased with the results.

Post some pics

Comment

• Angioguy
        • Nov 2005

803s

Will have some pics up by tomorrow...
        B&W 802D, HTMS-4; Velodyne DD-12, Arcam AVR-300, McIntosh MC-402, Musical Fidelity KW-SACD, Pioneer Elite

"... these go to eleven."

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"