This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

Dropping Rotel and maybe REL Stentor for Classe or Lexicon and Velodyne DD18

I am looking at improving my electronics to better match my 803s. I was considerint the Lexicon Mc12B or the Classe Delta ssp600/300. Any thoughts or suggestions on other kit I should consider? Btw, I listen to 70% Ht, 20% music 10% nagging wife lol
    I have also come to the conclusion that the REL Sub is not for me. I need more slam. The Stentor is Amazing musically. But, not what I am looking for. So, I will probably dump that off for the Velodyne DD18.. Any thoughts on this matter and how they may work with my 803s??

Stew

Rotel 1068 processor
    Rotel 1095 Amp
    B&W 803s mains
    B&W Htm3s center
    B&W ccm80 ceiling surrounds
    Stew
  • Cowanrg
    • Feb 2004

i know a guy who's got dual REL's (im not sure which model), and he absolutely loves my DD-18's. he says that his are great for music, but dont have the impact for HT, or for some of the newer hi-res formats. i agree completely. the RELs sound nice for light duty, but lack the "balls" that the DD-18 has. even though its got more punch, i find that the DD-18 can also be more delicate too. the REL tends to be TOO subtle at time, losing its presence.

i am not a fan of the classe processor though. of their lineup, their processors are their weakest pieces (IMO). go lexicon instead (if that is your only other option).

Comment

• stewfoo
      • Jul 2005

Thanks for your input... I am probably gonna put the REL Stentor on Audiogon... The sad thing is that I've only had it a few months.
      I was raised in the ghetto and have a need for more thump! Ever since I had one of those annoying acura integras with four 10 in subs and about 1000 watts of power I think I was ruined. Now the truth comes out,,,, I am a fake audiophile. lol
      Stew
      Last edited by stewfoo; 20 November 2005, 05:16 Sunday.
      Stew

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"