X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loner
    • Nov 2005

703's vs 604's............

Hi folks! I'm new to this forum......what a great place to learn!

I got to listen to the 703's, 604's and the Energy C-9s today. I'm glad I did. I also listened to a few subs, including the 750. Now I just have to convince my wife....lol What's it called here.....the WAF? Is that 'wife acceptance factor'?

What do you think of the 703's/HTM7 for the fronts, my old Rogersound lab towers (12" 3-way) for surrounds, the DS7's for the rear and the 750 doin' the baritone? My room is approximately 14' x 20'. I'd be listening to 50/50 music and HT.

Why the name Loner? I was thinkin' about that old Neil Young song. Besides, I couldn't think of a clever name. Thanks for any input!
    Denon AVR 3803, Denon DVD-2900, Denon DCM-560, Samsung Monitor, Yamaha TT-400U, Yamaha K-222, Panasonic PV-V4525S

Swans 6.1's Fronts, Swans C3 center, Swans R3's rears, SVS PB13-Ultra subwoofer, Cables - Neotech, BetterCables and Blue Jeans
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Welcome Loner.

"He's a perfect stranger, like a cross of himself and a fox".

I can't really comment on your HT setup 'cos I'm a 2-channel music guy, but I do own an ASW750 which I think is excellent for music, and a pair of CDM9NT speakers which are the model that the 703 replaced. I've auditioned 703's and they sound very similar to my CDM9NTs. The mid-range and detail of both are great, but my CDM9NT's can be over-bright at high volume on some recordings, so my advice is to try the 703's at volume to make sure that you're happy with that aspect of their performance. I didn't get to hear the 703's at the sort of volume that I sometimes listen to music at home...

Comment

• Loner
      • Nov 2005

Thanks BB............I'll listen again at high volume.
      Denon AVR 3803, Denon DVD-2900, Denon DCM-560, Samsung Monitor, Yamaha TT-400U, Yamaha K-222, Panasonic PV-V4525S

Swans 6.1's Fronts, Swans C3 center, Swans R3's rears, SVS PB13-Ultra subwoofer, Cables - Neotech, BetterCables and Blue Jeans

Comment

• tdiciple
        • Nov 2005

I had a chance to compare 703,804 and 604 at my local dealership here in PDX.

I think the 703 is a much superior product that the 604. Especially with the FST and the nautilus on top on the 703.

Plus it looks much better than the boxy 604.

My test includes:
        > Several songs from the sheffield jazz lab album.
        > Some Hillsong Songs.
        > Some Martha Munizi songs.

Comment

• dyazdani
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Oct 2005

Need to be careful in relating "brightness" to output level as being a characteristic of the speaker. The room has a large effect on this phenomena as well. In my experience, most any untreated room will act in this way to some degree.

Another factor is the non-linear sensitivity of the ear at varying loudness levels and frequencies. Said another way, for a given SPL, the percieved loudness changes with frequency. For example, at low SPL levels, we tend not to hear as much bass in the music - this starts to flatten out as the SPL is increased.

Unfortuanetly, the WAF is generally a little low with regard to room treatments :cry:

Good luck with your purchases.
          Danish

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"