Can 804S and ASW700 fit in Honda Accord?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cooldmitriy
    • Oct 2005

Can 804S and ASW700 fit in Honda Accord?

Hello forum,

I would like to know if I can fit 804S (in the box) in the back sit of my 2000 Honda Accord and ASW700 (in the box) in the trunk.

Thank you all in advance.
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

I haven't tried with that particular car, but I would highly doubt that you can fit both 804s in at once. I think the best you might do is one 804s in the back seat.

You might have a chance with the ASW700 in the trunk, it is not all that big. You may be able to set it in the passenger's seat as well.

My advice is to find a friend with a van of some sort, it's best for you and the speakers that way.
    Danish

Comment

• Cooldmitriy
      • Oct 2005

Dyazdani, thank you very much for your replay. Do I need to be concerned about shipping boxes of speakers in upright position or as long as they in the factory boxes I should not be concerned about that.

Thank you

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

Depends on how they are secured. My 802s came strapped to a pallet so there was enough of a footprint (and mass) to keep things from falling over.

As long as they don't fall over I would think it is OK. You may look on the boxes to see if there are warnings about shipping.
        Danish

Comment

• Pez
          • May 2004

You would be suprised as to what you can fit into a car with some careful placement. I was able to fit a pair of 804s and htm3s in my 2 door hinda civic (non-hatchback). One 804s laid in the backseat with the htm3s on top of it. The other 804s laid in the front passenger seat. Made it a little hard to see out the rear view mirrors but it was worth it. I have been able to fit rather large items in my civic, just have to think about placement. You should have no problems.

Comment

• Cooldmitriy
            • Oct 2005

Guys, I just want to make sure that is OK from B&W prospective to transport them in NOT in upright position. I don't want to cause any damage to my new speakers.
            How big is 804 carton box?

Comment

• Sim reality
              • Aug 2005

Given that the unpacking instructions have you flip the speaker upside-down, I think it would be okay to transport them not in the upright position as long as you are careful not to bump them around too much.

Comment

• dyazdani
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Oct 2005

I misunderstood your question on the uprigth shipping, yes it should be fine to lay them down...
                Danish

Comment

• miner
                  • Mar 2005

I was able to fit a pair of N804 & ASW800 sub in my Acura TSX which is a tad bit smaller than a 2002-2005 Accord. Sub in front seat, back seat down 1 804 across & the other fed in through the trunk.

Comment

• Cooldmitriy
                    • Oct 2005

miner, did you have to remove speakers and subwoofer from the boxes? I guess when you transported 804s you placed them in grill up position? Is position important if I keep the speakers in the original boxes.

Comment

• goe2112
                      • Feb 2005

Another suggestion, why not rent a small U-haul truck for a couple of hours? The rental might cost you about 50 bucks and save you a lot of hassle and concern.

Comment

• Pez
                        • May 2004

If you are keeping the speakers in the box it doesnt really matter how they lay. The most important thing is to be careful when putting them in your car (more for not tearing the upholestry - those boxes are pretty tough). Mine were "laying down" in the car for a good 8 hours before I got them out.

When I transported mine in my Civic they were kept in the boxes. I have said it beofre and I will say it again, I am amazed how much I can fit into my car. I was even able to transport a pair of Def Tech 7001 in the civic. And keep in mind none of this was using the trunk!

Comment

• Cooldmitriy
                          • Oct 2005

goe2112, I want to get that track rental for $50 :-)
                          They charge $19 + around $1.60 a mile. I need to go about 70 miles. You do the math.

Comment

• miner
                            • Mar 2005

All stayed in their boxes. Front passenger seat had sub, then moved forward as much as possible for the 804s.

Comment

• RobP
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Nov 2004

Just unbolt your passenger seat, 4 bolts and possibly a wire harness and its out, one 804 in the passenger seat area, one across the backseat and put the sub in the trunk.
                              Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"