X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stubbs
    • Oct 2005

HTM7 center with 603 mains?

A local store run by a friend of mine is about to stop carrying B&W speakers and he is willing to sell me any of the B&W speakers for his cost. Unfortunately I am building a house and having to replace my entire home theater (sold with my old house) and am therefore on a limited budget for speakers.

I really like the sound of the 703's but the 603 is a much better fit for my budget. I am planning on buying 4 of the CDS6 S3's for surround duties and was thinking of the 603's and 600 center for the front. However, I have read more than one review of the lcr600 that has indicated problems with uneven sound due to the driver configuration. Unfortunately he does not have a 600 center in stock for me to listen too and would have to order it--but of course he won't order it unless I am going to buy it.

As an alternative, how do you guys think an HTM 7 would mesh with the 603's for front speakers?

Also, I can get the 703's for about $600 each plus tax--is that a deal worth selling a kidney for or should I just stick to my budget and the 600 series mains?

thanks for any opinions,

Stubbs
  • grit
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Stubbs
    A local store run by a friend of mine is about to stop carrying B&W speakers and he is willing to sell me any of the B&W speakers for his cost. Unfortunately I am building a house and having to replace my entire home theater (sold with my old house) and am therefore on a limited budget for speakers.

I really like the sound of the 703's but the 603 is a much better fit for my budget. I am planning on buying 4 of the CDS6 S3's for surround duties and was thinking of the 603's and 600 center for the front. However, I have read more than one review of the lcr600 that has indicated problems with uneven sound due to the driver configuration. Unfortunately he does not have a 600 center in stock for me to listen too and would have to order it--but of course he won't order it unless I am going to buy it.

As an alternative, how do you guys think an HTM 7 would mesh with the 603's for front speakers?

Also, I can get the 703's for about $600 each plus tax--is that a deal worth selling a kidney for or should I just stick to my budget and the 600 series mains?

thanks for any opinions,

Stubbs
    SELL YOUR KIDNEY! The 703s retail for $3000/pair. If you're getting them at $1200 a pair...?!?!?!?!

Comment

• Stubbs
      • Oct 2005

hehe...hmm. Maybe they are the 704's instead. I vaguely recall my friend telling me he normally sold them for around 1200 each, and I can get them for 605 each.

If I can't find a spare organ to sell, how do you think the 603's would mesh with the htm7 center in a home theater setting?

thanks,
      Stubbs

Comment

• Miroku
        • Jul 2004

You'd probly be happiest with the 704's and the htm7 combo. Those speakers are made for each other. That will wilso be the most aesthetically pleasing.

Comment

• george_k
          • Jan 2004

At those prices you can't afford not to upgrade...

Comment

• Stubbs
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by george_k
            At those prices you can't afford not to upgrade...
            hmm...the one thing I kept from my old theater was one of the subs--an ASW-650. It's not really enough by itself but I suppose I could forego an additional sub for a while and save the money there.

I really do hate to not take advantage of that kind of a deal. Those 700's are really a beautiful speaker. So that would still be an amazing deal, even if they are 704's?

Comment

• Stubbs
              • Oct 2005

I called my friend and they are definitely 704's.. 605 each...

Comment

• grit
                • Jan 2005

The 704's are still a a very good speaker, and retail for $2200 for the pair. At $1200, you're still saving $1000! I can't think of a reason not to get them!

Comment

• bigburner
                  Super Senior Member
                  • May 2005

The 704's plus your ASW650 sounds pretty good to me!

Comment

• lca355
                    • Sep 2005

Do it!

If it were me, I would definitely do it, $605 each? that's a hundo more than the 603s3's retail for and you are jumping up a line!! that's seems like an awesome deal to me. . . Go for it!

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"