X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

? for ppl w/ 802's & sound anchor

First, how much of a difference did it make?

Second, how in the world did you get the 802's on them? did you use an engine lift?
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • gostan
    • May 2003

I don't have any info on the sound anchors and N802's, but how do you like the 802's???
    Stan

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Stan,

words alone can not express the happiness these are bringing to me. No more speaker upgrade-itis. My happiness is beyond belief. I can't help but think how poor my room is and when I get a house, it will improve. I also wonder what kind of a difference more power would make. I am very happy with what I am getting. What would more do? ya know?

After listening to these, my old 804's sound nasally. Very detailed on the high's and good on the mids, but thin. Does that make sense? too much on the high end and not enough to round them out on the low end?

Its just so surreal to me that as good as the 804's are, the 802's are that much better. very balanced I guess. and the imaging... I was doing something with my tv and was standing perfectly between the drivers and the sound stage was still in tact as if I was standing in front of them... now how in the world that is... ok, am I rambling? oh, and no fatigue... I used to get some fatigue from my 804's. thats gone.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• gostan
        • May 2003

Dan:
        You are in audio nirvana. Enjoy!!
        Stan

Comment

• RNKC
          • Jun 2005

I too am curious about Sound Anchor for N802. I see that they cost $500 - at this level of the game I guess that's reasonable enough.

Does anyone have them? Comments? Thoughts? Worth it? Not?

Comment

• misterdoggy
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

Is the sound anchor the same as the spike set ?

Comment

• RNKC
              • Jun 2005

It's different than the spike set. The spikes are B&W parts whereas Sound Anchor is a 3rd party product.

Speaker Stands from Sound Anchors are the best speaker stands on the market. From speaker floor stands to speaker monitor stands we have your hi-fi home audio and pro studio needs covered.

Incidentally, after some searching (which I should have done before posting in this thread) I came across an answer here:

Interestingly though, not all seems well with Sound Anchor as a company:

My comments on the above thread, I just emailed Sound Anchor to see where I can buy the stands in Toronto, Canada. Within 2h I received a reply from Bob W who told me they only sell direct in Canada. Helpfully he included the appropriate prices for my speakers (N802). So my experience with Sound Anchor has been a good one so far.

Comment

• georgev
                • Jul 2004

Enjoy the speakers, they are great.
                I'm not sure about the sound anchors as I do not have them but I will share my experience with you.
                I got the spikes and put them onto the speaker and had a set of granite slabs cut out onto which I placed my beloved 802's. They did make a difference to me, with my low frequencies more defined and ?faster. They also look great with the granite slabs under them.
                I believe Caleb has done the same. Right Caleb?
                Perhaps I should post a pic. of them on their new slabs. The spikes actually have a levelling system if needed.
                Enjoy the music.
                George.

Comment

• caleb
                  • Aug 2004

Spot on George I've done the identical thing to you and YES what a difference particularly at the low end.

By the way one of my missions in life is to warn all unsuspecting souls about the shysters at Sound Anchors - if I succeed in putting off just one purchaser from buying these products my mission will be complete.

They make a dubious product high priced and pathetic customer service, AND they also charge your credit card for stuff you have not authorised them to charge for - SO BUYERS BEWARE OF SOUND ANCHORS.

Comment

• RNKC
                    • Jun 2005

Interesting - I hadn't thought of a custom cut slab of granite. That's actually a good idea that I'll look into.

I just read another thread in which a negative comment (post #11) on the Sound Anchors pops up. Seems that the fit for N802 isn't quite there. So aside from Caleb's no customer service fiasco it seems the product itself itsn't up to snuff, at least when we're talking Nautilus series.

Considering how much I've spent on the system so far, i don't see why I should have to put up with something that isn't exact. So Sound Anchor is off the menu for me.

Comment

• Jeff
                      • Dec 2004

Just put those N802's on some spikes and a granite slab and you'll be golden.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"