805S in corner...need sound absorbing panels?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

805S in corner...need sound absorbing panels?

Hi, my wife recently exercised her right of eminent domain and claimed my office/listening room. It is now the kids play room...my 2 ch system has been relegated to small rectangular area in the living room. This is where my problem arises. Due to the shape of the space (imagine a rectangular area 8x14 ft with one of the long sides open to the rest of the living room) both of my 805S speakers will have to be placed against one of the short sided walls. One of the speakers will actually be in the corner. I am concerned about sound reflection off the side and back wall. In addition, the listening area will also be against a wall (the other short side).

I was planning on hanging a tapestry behind the listening position to help with reflection. Is this a good idea? More importantly, do I need sound absorbing panels behind the speakers and to the side of one of the speakers? If so, what name brands do people recommend? Are these panels expensive? Are they availalbe in different colors? As this will be in the living room, I need panels that are not too ugly or else they will not pass the WAF. I dont want to end in the garage like another poster(cruzer).

thanks for the help.
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Make a little plan and post it so we can play with it

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"