Center channel speaker to match 803s OTHER than HTM3s?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

Center channel speaker to match 803s OTHER than HTM3s?

HI
    Are there any recommendations for a B&W center channel speaker for a more reasonable price other than a HTM-3s ? (for the following system) :
    Rotel 1095 power amp
    Rotel 1068 processor
    Rotel 1060 DVD player
    B&W 803s -front
    Velodyne SPL 1200II powered sub

Thanks
    :T Socrat
  • jlee
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Eliav
    HI
    Are there any recommendations for a B&W center channel speaker for a more reasonable price other than a HTM-3s ? (for the following system) :
    Rotel 1095 power amp
    Rotel 1068 processor
    Rotel 1060 DVD player
    B&W 803s -front
    Velodyne SPL 1200II powered sub

Thanks
    Yeah, if you're on a budget and don't care about HT as much as 2 ch, buy my used HTM1 . I will be upgrading to the HTM3S shortly.

Comment

• Eliav
      • Jul 2005

Hi
      please tell me about your speaker: age,finish, condition and.. how much do you want for it.i
      if you want to discuss this privately please email me at eliavgovari@hotmail.com
      thanks,
      Eliav
      P.S what is the difference between HTM3s and HTM1 other than htm3s being newer?
      thanks again

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

the HTM3s has all the newer technologies of the new 800s series, the HTM1 don't. The HTM1 is still a very very good center channel, nevertheless. Dialogues coming from it is surreal.

Comment

• RebelMan
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Eliav
          P.S what is the difference between HTM3s and HTM1 other than htm3s being newer?
          There are significant differences between the HTM1 and HTM3S. I would caution anyone mixing the old 800 Nautilus series with the new 800(S) series. I would recommend the HTM4S instead. It is half the price of the HTM3S and sonicly match the 804S or 803S interms of timbre' balance and time coherance (same tweeters and crossover network). It's not a best solution mind you, but one that works if your sensitive to price or you don't place much emphasis on center channel sources, like home theater and multi-channel music.
          "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Eliav
            • Jul 2005

Thanks for this information.
            I was completely unaware of these technical differences, all I knew is that this speaker is not being sold in B&W dealerships anymore.
            I have auditioned the HTM3s and thought it was great. I finally decided to go for the HTM3s, I ordered it today ! ( gonna get killed by my wife..)
            Thanks again for the golden tips.

Cheers
            Eliav

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"