X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THX-UltraII
    • Oct 2008

HTM1 tweeter damaged?

I ve just bought a new HTM1 center speaker. When I came home I saw that the tweeter was 'hanging loose'. The tweeter has some sort of cover and that 'hang' loose (NOT the dust cover but the actual tweeter itself!). I saw 2 wires that where intact and just pushed/clicked the tweeter back. Could my tweeter be damaged now?
  • georgev
    • Jul 2004

It certainly could be, but look carefully at the dome and see if there are any dents, depressions on it. Plug it back in very carefully and without touching the dome of the tweeter, re attach the two wires. A long nose pliars would be handy. Replace it and cover it and listen. If it is damaged you will here it(or rather you will not hear the highs). The vocals will not be clear.
    Cheers.

Comment

• William
      • Aug 2006

Before you do anything contact your dealer. You may have a warrantee issue if there is no trauma involved and trying to "fix" it yourself could void this.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"