X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stockinv
    • Jan 2005

Locating Rear Speakers in a 5.1 system

I'll be installing a 5.1 system in the next few weeks. My mains are 802's and my rears are SMS1's. My installer says to put the SMS1's on the rear wall soffet, which is about 9 feet high. I've had someone else suggest putting them on the side walls. My installer says only dipolar speakers should go on sidewalls. Which one is correct? Also, should I wire for an eventual 7.1 system? My listening room is about 19 feet wide, 18 feet deep and open in the back.
    Last edited by Stockinv; 26 June 2005, 20:58 Sunday.
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Stockinv, check out page 12 on this document:

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

Perusing this site may help:

Speaker Placement

Good luck,

Azeke

Comment

• greggz
        • Jun 2002

I have a 7.1 setup and originally had my SCM1's on the side wall at the 90 degree position (as shown in the pic below). I hated it. I felt like i was trapped in a pressure zone of rear channel information. I have since moved them back to around the 110 degree position and am much happier. If you plan on doing any multichannel SACD or DVD-A, don't put them at the 90 degree position.

Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"