X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Juan Cortez
    • May 2003

B&W Nautilus vs Paradigm Studios

I am trying to decided on whether I should go with the Paradigm Studios or the B&W Nautilus speakers. Has anyone here compared the two? Are the Nautilus in a whole new league of their own? I am looking at the following B&W set up:

Nautilus 804's
    Nautilus 805's (2 pairs)
    Nautilus HTM1
    ASW 855
    Last edited by Juan Cortez; 20 June 2005, 15:29 Monday.
    Jason
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I briefly listened to the Studio 20's but passed on the 40's, 60's and 100's as I preferred the open sound field of the Signature series over the Studio series. They also lacked some forward presentation. Besides Paradigm's Signature series is a better match up against B&W's 800 series

I spent a great deal of time with the Signature S2's and the S4's, but not the S8's as they were out of my budget. I found the S2's much more to my liking than I did the S4's. The S4's were more open, but were very laid back and they lacked lower bass extension. The S2's were boxy sounding, however, they exhibited good imaging and a more forward sound stage.

I compared the 805S's head on with the S2's. It was a pretty close call. I thought the 805S's took the high end and midrange while the S2's took the low end. In the end I didn't have to decide between either because once I heard the 804S's the contest was over. The 804S's won me over.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Juan Cortez
      • May 2003

Thanks for the reply

I will give them a listen to and compare them to the Dims. Also I was wondering would 2 ASW 750's be just as good as 1 ASW 855?

Thanks again
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"