X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninetynine
    • May 2005

B&W paired with Rotel?

I was thinking of getting the B&W DM601 S3 bookshelf speakers to go with a Rotel RA-1062 integrated amp. I've heard the b&w speakers but not with any rotel equipement. I've been hearing a lot about how b&w and rotel are a good match , does anyone have any comments on this , also do they accept banana plugs or bare wire? thanks!
  • Jeff
    • Dec 2004

B&W speakers will accept both bare wire and plugs. The B&W/Rotel combo is good. Just check out the Rotel site and you'll see what I mean.

You can find more about the type of speakers your Rotel amp has been paired with on the Rotel site. It shouldn't have any problems with a book shelf speaker.

enjoy

Comment

• ninetynine
      • May 2005

I checked out the rotel site but I see no mention of b&w speakers.

Comment

• ti33er
        • Apr 2004

If you want my opinion B&W 600 series and ROTEL are quite a good match (and I have also noticed the B&W affiliation on the ROTEL site when I have been on there - it does exist )
        "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• greggz
          • Jun 2002

ninetynine,

The B&W Group owns B&W and Rotel (as well as Classe and iCommand). They opperate them as independent companies, but if you look close... (Notice anything about the speakers in all these pictures from the Rotel site?)

Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• Jeff
            • Dec 2004

Nintynine, I checked out the Rotel site and there's over 400 threds talking about B&W. Just type in "B & W speakers" under the search feature (right hand side).

Once you've ready all those threds you'll be all knowing. Happy reading!

Comment

• Cowanrg
              • Feb 2004

what kind of speakers are those in all the rotel ads? they look cool.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                • May 2004

800s in the first pic, CMs in the 2nd pic, 700s in the third, and FPM in the last.

Comment

• ninetynine
                  • May 2005

ah I see the connection now. In another thread I was reading , people were saying that the b&w does not shine with old recordings or badly recorded albums. How bad could it be?

Comment

• jim777
                    • Mar 2005

I listened to the RA-1062 on 600 series, CM series and 700 series. For the 600 series or CM-4's, it was great. It was good up to the 703's, but I would consider a better amp for those speakers. The RA-1062 sounded alot better than a RC1070/RB1070 combo IMHO.

For old or bad recordings, there is a bit of exageration in a sense. Let's say that you will easily hear the difference between a good and bad recording. But if you consider a RA-1062 and 600 series or better (can you stretch to CM4's...) then you will be fine in this matter. With the 800 series, you would have a harder time with led zep or so

Comment

• Dallasdave
                      • Apr 2005

Bad recordings do sound like bad recordings on the 703's with 1095 amp. I have hundreds of CD's, so many I can't listen to very often since I upgraded my system and can hear the difference. But good recorded CD tracks, DVDA and SACD WOW!!!

Comment

• jim777
                        • Mar 2005

Well that's why I went for McIntosh instead of Rotel for amplification; the sound was alot more sweet and "bad" recordings sounded more alive and not harsh at all. I'm not saying that Rotel is that bad, I got their RCD-1072 CDP and it's great, and the RA-1062 is surprising. I guess that ninetynine will have to go listen for himself with a good'l led'zep album

Comment

• ninetynine
                          • May 2005

I should mention that I listen to various types of genres ( pop, rock, jazz, electronic ) so I would like something that goes well with anything. I was also considering the Paradigm Monitor 3 speakers that are in the same price range as the DM601 S3. Also , my listening room is fairly small. I've heard some PSB Image 2b bookshelf speakers with the rotel ra-1062 and I thought it sounded fantastic but a bit too bright with certain recordings. If anyone has heard this particular model from psb, can you comment on the differences between the psb and the b&w , at least I can get an idea before actually comparing the two at a shop. Also , any comments on the paradigm monitor 3, thanks!

Comment

• Dallasdave
                            • Apr 2005

I never really considered it a flaw of the 1095 or the 703's; in my mind this is a flaw in the studio recordings. I do listen to many different types of music as well as movies, its all up to the buyer to determine what's important. I spent many hours listening to different combos before going with Rotel and B&W. I really was not aware of the "true detail" of the system before I begin listening to poorly recorded tracks. I can't say it would have changed my judgement of the B&W and Rotel combo. Just my opinion.

Comment

• jim777
                              • Mar 2005

Now I agree with dallasdave, you won't regret your system because it has more "detail" than another...

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"