X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Juan Cortez
    • May 2003

B&W speaker set up help

I am looking to upgrade my HT system, and I am looking at getting a B&W set up. I am looking at the 700 series. So far I have thought of getting:

(1 pair) 704 fronts
    (2pair) 705's surrounds/rears
    (1 pair) ASW 750 subs
    (1) HTM7 Center

How are the B&W subs? Do they have alot of slam for movie LFE? Also since I will have subs, should I stick with the 704's, or should I go with the 703's? Is there a huge differnece between them? Also Would 2 ASW 750 be better than 1 ASW 855? The pair of ASW 750 pretty mch cost the same as the 1 ASW 855.

Thanks
    Last edited by Juan Cortez; 01 June 2005, 18:54 Wednesday.
    Jason
  • Juan Cortez
    • May 2003

Anyone?
    Jason

Comment

• george_k
      • Jan 2004

Your in luck as I just went in today to listen to the 704, and 705. I also got to listen to some 802S (even they they are way out of my price range).

Comparing the 704's and 705's I found little if any difference in the midrange and highs, the 704's do have a little more low end but personally I'd rather put the extra $500 difference somewhere else. In my case the extra $500 would allow me to go from the ASW700 to the ASW750.

Just out of curiousity what choice of veneer were you thinking of getting? I'm having a tough choice chosing between the cherry and rosenut.

Comment

• Juan Cortez
        • May 2003

Thanks for the reply

I think I am going to get the Maple finish, with the rosenut in second. They havea lot of good finishes. Do the finishes cost extra depending what finish you go with? Also did you get a chance to listen to the 703's? I al trying do decided whether I should get the 703's or the 704's even though I have a sub.

Thanks
        Jason

Comment

• george_k
          • Jan 2004

No he didn't have a set of 703's in stock that I could listen to. I am sure the 703's will sound better in the midrange over the 704's and 705's due to the FST midrange driver.

Then again price of a pair of 703's is the same as a pair of 805S including stands (I didn't get to hear these either).

Oh and the prices for the finishes are the same

Comment

• Juan Cortez
            • May 2003

I am looking at Denon's new AVR 4806 receiver. Would this receiver be enough to drive the B&W's or should I use it as a preamp and get a NAD T973 amp?

Thanks
            Jason

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"