denon AVC A1XV and B&W speakers...a good mix?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zero-100
    • May 2005

denon AVC A1XV and B&W speakers...a good mix?

hi this is my first post even though i've been watching here for the past couple of weeks.i am putting together my second h/t system (the first i left behind when i sold my previous house)and would love the opinion of some of the regulars here.

panasonic ptae-700
    stewart 110" fixed screen (white)
    denon AVC A1XV 10.2
    denon DVD A1XV

and the best bit..........

N802's front
    HTM1
    SCMS x 4
    ASW850 sub x 1

the room is 5mtrs x 6mtrs and around 2000 cubic feet.has anyone heard the denon vs 802's?i intend to run HDMI and use kimber 4TC all round.since the amp has 10 x 170w i will bi-amp the fronts and center.any other ideas/input would be greatly welcomed.the 802's and HTM1 are being delivered tomorrow.....cant wait!!

thanks for listening,
    Brian
  • johan
    • Dec 2004

That's great gear, for movies it will be as good as it gets. For two channel music there is not a match however, the Denon stuff and the 802's are not in the same league.

Comment

• zero-100
      • May 2005

do you not think the denon 45kg beast will be adequate to get the best out of the 802's?

Comment

• JCL
        • Apr 2005

You can get a pre amp ad power amp voor that mony (in The Netherlands attleast) that sound mutch better, that's were I would go! You can look voor Denon, Marantz, Rotel and there are a lot of other companies out there that sell great gear.

Comment

• georgev
          • Jul 2004

Thats great gear you've got there. Congrats.
          I would add a power amp for the front three speakers.
          I am using the 5803(A1SR), but driving the front three(exactly the same set up as yours), with a power amp.
          The pre section of the Denon is fantastic, even for two channel music.
          I think the amp. will not do justice to the 802's. You will still hear graet sound, but it could get better.
          remember, when you drive more channels, the output reduces, and your 802's go down to 3ohms, so you do need a power amp that doubles down into 4ohms.
          But, great gear.
          Enjoy.

Comment

• johan
            • Dec 2004

It,s a 45kg beast allright, but thats just 4,5kg per channel minus all other stuff usually not contained in a power amp. See things in a different light?

Comment

• zero-100
              • May 2005

thanks for the responses.remember my room size is 6 mtrs by 5 mtrs and 2000cu.feet so i am worried if i run a seperate power amp for the l/c/r it might be overkill?also by bi-amping the A1XV i'll be running 170 x 2 to the l/c/r.will this be enough juice,specially being that i will be using this system for 95% movies?

Comment

• johan
                • Dec 2004

You'll be just fine, movies will sound awesome at your place. But with speakers like N802 there is no such thing as overkill, those babies just keep rewarding you for every upgrade you make. But again, you will have an incredible sound with that stuff. Get back with us after you've got the system going for impressions.

Comment

• zero-100
                  • May 2005

wow!they have arrived along with the htm1.look fantastic in the room!even my wife likes the look

Comment

• perato
                    • Jan 2005

Beware of exotic speaker cables. Peruse Audioholics to find out all you need to know about cables. I won't go into more detail here because this forum abhors posts about cables.
                    In the end, let YOUR ears and YOUR wallet be your guide.

Comment

• zero-100
                      • May 2005

thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"