Has anyone owned or listened to B&W 703?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiofan
    • May 2004

Has anyone owned or listened to B&W 703?

Hi,

I'm seeking opinion on B&W 703. Any opinion or review would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks.
  • Dallasdave
    • Apr 2005

Have had mine almost a year. There is a B&W forum that maybe a better place to post your question. I have a Rotel 1068 and they match well and Powered by Rotel 1095 amp.

Comment

• Nigel_Rav
      • Feb 2005

Hi, I did a comparison with the old N804 last year, and in a nutshell thought they were nearly as good. Great all-rounder and good VFM. Not quite as good as the N804 in terms of sounding a bit rougher and less well balanced, also the sound seemed to be more based in the boxes rather than the N804 sounding 'out of the box'. Shows what the curvy 804 cabinets bring to the party. The 703 was probably the best I heard up to its price point though (£2000 in the UK).

Comment

• turbokuo
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by audiofan
        Hi,

I'm seeking opinion on B&W 703. Any opinion or review would be greatly appreciated.
        thanks.
        If HT is your focus and if cost is a concern, the 703 is a mightly fine choice and also sustantially more open than the 704 for 2 channel music. If you are a hard core 2 channel music person, the 804S would be a sustantial upgrade.

Nigel hit it head on with his comment.

Comment

• audiofan
          • May 2004

Thank you all for your suggestion.

Comment

• jim777
            • Mar 2005

I have it. The 703 on McIntosh MA6500 is so great (but I didn't try any 800 series because I was already stretching the budget..). With this amp, it was more balanced and no harshness; very musical. The 703 will sound worse than the CM series if you don't have a good amp...

Comment

• audiofan
              • May 2004

Will Rotel RB-1080 (200wpc) drive 703 ok?

Comment

• jim777
                • Mar 2005

I didn't try the RB-1080 at all, but the RB-1070/RC-1070 didn't sound good at any volume (to me). Very harsh and not musical at all. Maybe a RC-1090 would do the trick... didn't try that one either. Just to give you an idea, the RA-1062 sounded better (to me) than the 1070 combo...
                I guess you will have to try for yourself, but hope that it give you an idea

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"