X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joeb
    • May 2005

N803- N802

First of all, I am thrilled to have found this group, don't know why I didn't find it sooner! At any rate, I have a set of N803's powered with all Classe Gear, the CA300, and matching pre and cdp. As I am not in a financial postion to step up to the Diamond series, I do have the option of purchasing a set of 2 year old N802's. I appreciate the added depth, especially in the bass, but am not sure they are a "substantial" improvement over the 803's. I'd love to hear feedback from others here on that question.
    thanks,
    Joeb
  • Jonathannk
    • Mar 2005

I went from the N804s to the N802s, and I also run a Classe CA300 with Meridian 568 as my front end. The difference was tremendous. Much more control, tight solid bass, soundstage, depth, clarity, and presence. Not subtle at all. Plus they are absolutely gorgeous to boot. IMHO, definately an upgrade worth pursing. I listened to the 802Ds at length before I upgraded, and felt that the difference was not worth the substantial increase in price from a pair of used N802s to a new 802D. Go for it!

Comment

• georgev
      • Jul 2004

I would venture that they are a "substantial" improvement over the 803's. From the 804's to 803's, not wirth it, but a quantum jump to the 802's.
      From the marlan midrange comes greater definition and clarity and having the tweeter more isolated, gives the highs more "sharpness?
      Obviously there are the noted improvements in the depth and control.
      So yeah go for it. You won't regret it.
      I am also in agreement with Jonathan on the new diamonds.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"