X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiridon
    • Apr 2005

Original cable n 802s

Hi Guys! If anybody changet the internal cable in N802s? I have possibility to supply Tara Labs Air or Cardas cable. It seems the original cable can not be trusted. Dealer B&W does not recommendet...Thanks for replay
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

I've not heard of any problems with the internal cable in the N802s....???

You could replace it, voiding any warranty you have on the speaker for, my guess, would be minimal gains... unless using extremely expensive wiring...where you'd might notice a better difference.

To me, I'd never doing as it seems a waist of money, I'd put that into buying better amps, processors, or CD/DVD players, heck even upgrading the external wiring to all components.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• aphexist
      • Jan 2004

Seems like the dealer is trying to pad his pockets a little...

Why would B&W produce a world class speaker and then skimp on the INTERNAL WIRING?

Comment

• junior77blue
        • Nov 2004

Well, the wiring doesn't seem to be anything special. Solderless connections.

And maybe...just maybe wire 'quality' has no impact on the performance.

Comment

• tanwn
          • Jul 2004

DO NOT CHANGE THE WIRING!! The wiring used inside are good quality Van Den Hul silver cables. It is solderless to facilitate assembly. As the runs are separate for mid, bass and tweeter and very very short run, even if you were to change it or solder it the gains will be very very minimal or negligible. Your soldering may also not be perfect and crimping is still the best method. Tempting though it may be but trust me don't change it. The speakers are measured flat at factory with internal cables, changing them may alter certain aspects.

Comment

• junior77blue
            • Nov 2004

I have no intentions of changing the cable for the reasons you stated, but just out of curiousity how do you 'know' it is Van Den Hul silver cable?

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

Doesn't it mention something about that on the B&W DVD?? I could be wrong. :huh:
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• spiridon
                • Apr 2005

Thanks to all responding! Im not going to change.But this idea comes to me,when expeting cables for speakers, I changet original VDH wire with jumpers to pure gold wire. Cheap price -200$, but very big result! Sound become more open ,more transparent . You can try...

Comment

• tanwn
                  • Jul 2004

the jumpers are very short run again and what u perceived as difference may also be psychoacoustical. By the way, gold is not the best conductor, the best is silver followed by copper. You should biwire whenever possible, the improvement will be worth it and B&W recommends it.

Comment

• spiridon
                    • Apr 2005

First i used very high purity silver wire, no gut result- harsh sound. Now no question- for basse in my system Transparent referens is ust and for mid-high -Cardas Golden Cross.Im happy

Comment

• junior77blue
                      • Nov 2004

Is silver really the best? I remember reading a write up from adire audio showing the advantages copper has over both metals (gold or silver). Seemed to be logical...I might have to dig up the link and have a read through again.

Comment

• spiridon
                        • Apr 2005

I dont listen to silver cable in principle.They deteriorate the sound. Now im experimenting with wire made of rare earth mettals with the following criogenic proceccing. I will inform you about this revolution latter on. Regards.

Comment

• caleb
                          • Aug 2004

Oh No not ANOTHER cable discussion!!

This cryogenic treatment - does it mean you have to keep your equipment in a fridge before you use it?? He He He

Comment

• spiridon
                            • Apr 2005

He He,But fridge cost 5 000 000 $.Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"