X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • renzo
    • May 2003

New 803D's Break in period? Seem flat.

played my new 803D's for approx. 50-60 hours. I noticed that 2 channel stereo music using my Rotel 1098 and 1095 sounds somewhat hollow and flat. Are the speakers too revealing? Does it take longer to break them in? How much impact does a good DVD player have on the quality of the sound? I have a Yamaha SACD and considering an ARCAM DVD player. Thanks for your thoughts.
  • georgev
    • Jul 2004

Firstly, using your DVD player to play two channel music will not sound great. You should have a dedicated cdp and also you will find that surround sound processors will not sound as good as a dedicated two channel preamp.
    How does home theatre sound? As dull?
    50-60hrs is good enough.
    George.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Renzo,

You may also want to try different room placements - further / closer away from the walls etc - they can be very revealing / sensitive to this

Geoff

Comment

• Rolex
        • Mar 2005

I would say 50-60 hours isn't even close for break in. My 805S speakers took a full 2 weeks running 24/7. I'd give it another week before I put too much thought into it.

Comment

• caleb
          • Aug 2004

I agree with Rolex, I think that AT LEAST 200 hours is needed to get them to performa towards their intended sound.

I heard these speakers demonstrated at our local B&W launch of the new series a week back, and they sounded wonderful, but if the previous series is anything to go by placement away from walls will be very critical to get the best out of them and I would suggest looking at a minimum of 75 cms away from the closest walls all round the speaker.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"