X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • opt-e
    • Nov 2004

DM600's and sub crossover settings

Hi, I recently purchased a HSU STF-2 subwoofer to go with my stereo bedroom system comprised of a Rotel RA-01 amp and DM600 S3 bookshelf speakers. I'm wondering if you guys have any advise as to what to set the sub's crossover to.

B&W has the following specs for my 600's:

Freq. Response: 75Hz - 22kHz ± 3dB on reference axis
    Freq. Range: -6dB at 55Hz and 42kHz

I am unsure as to the difference between the two specs and which one to use as a starting point when tweaking crossover settings.
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

Usually the X-over should be set at 80, but I've heard of people setting it lower so it's harder to hear where the bass is coming from. Try a few adjustments and see which one you like better. Different people have different taste for bass, some likes it really hot where the whole room shakes and while others like it to blend in with the mains, where you close your eyes, and you cannot tell where the sub is. But 80 is usually a good starting point, especially with smaller bookshelves like the DM600. Good luck and enjoy.

Comment

• opt-e
      • Nov 2004

Thanks Blaze. At the moment I'm running with the crossover set at 75hz. Gonna try to get a SPL meter soon to perfect it.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"