X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • turbokuo
    • Feb 2005

N802 - Am I missing something?

It appears that my N802 don't accept Banana plugs??? There are 2 holes that point diagonal up and another 2 that point diagonal down so that you can insert the speaker wires, and then twist the cap tight. But if I remember correctly there are also supposed to be 4 holes on the caps that point rearward, horizonal to the ground, where the ultimately the banana plugs go into...what gives?
  • KenK
    • Mar 2005

I think you can remove the plugs (red and black) from the caps.

Wow N802, what happened to 804S?

Enjoy. :T

Comment

• turbokuo
      • Feb 2005

Hey Ken,

A moment of weekness led me to the 802's. Can you elaborate on removing the plugs. The caps won't come come completely off to let me get the plugs out?

Comment

• KenK
        • Mar 2005

Yes the 802 looks very nice and IMHO sounds way better then the N803, N804. No way I can afford them or bring them into my house without my wife noticing them. I just can’t sneak them in !!

Did you see the blue and black plugs on the caps? When I got my old 602 and CDM9, i remember those plugs were plugged into those caps, but not completely in so I can remove them with my finger nails. Maybe you can use something small (like a needle to pin) to try to pry them out. I no longer have them but I member about those plugs. Maybe someone push them all the way in. Do you have the manual?

Comment

• RobP
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Those little rubber plugs do come out, they were really tight on my HTM1 so I had to use a pair of micro needle nose pliers to gently pull them out.
          Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• KenK
            • Mar 2005

Hi,

Did you get those 802 from Mr.D?

Ken
            Last edited by KenK; 07 April 2005, 10:37 Thursday.

Comment

• turbokuo
              • Feb 2005

Soundgravy,

Thanks for the info, why do they make the plugs so difficult to take out? I tried with my finger nails but they wouldn't budge!!!

Comment

• junior77blue
                • Nov 2004

No idea why their so tight...but I had to use a pair of pliers to yank them out. Save your fingernails!!

I think it helps if you tighten them down, so that he pegs stick out more. Which will give you more meat to latch onto.

Comment

• turbokuo
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by junior77blue
                  No idea why their so tight...but I had to use a pair of pliers to yank them out. Save your fingernails!!

I think it helps if you tighten them down, so that he pegs stick out more. Which will give you more meat to latch onto.

Ah, nice! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Phil Rose
                    • Aug 2000

why do they make the plugs so difficult to take out?
                    IIRC, banana plugs accept the same plugs that are use for power in Europe. So, the rubber plugs are ment to keep someone from plugging their speakers into the 220V wall. It's probably an EU regulation that bananas aren't allowed.

Comment

• caleb
                      • Aug 2004

You will have to screw the WBT connedtors all the way down to get some of the plastic to show then you will need a pair of pliers to take them out.

Keep them handy as if you come to sell them you will need to put them back to comply with electrical requirement in the E.U.

Comment

• Stevebez
                        • Oct 2003

Yep 803D's had same issue ... was meaning to post about it but managed to get it wired with plugs in situ.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• OmegaSpeed
                          • Mar 2005

Another way to get those out; I had one that was very stubborn. Take a small screw and screw it into the end of the rubber plug and then pull on the screw.

Comment

• turbokuo
                            • Feb 2005

OmegaSpeed,

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

• Dan Schulze
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by turbokuo
                              It appears that my N802 don't accept Banana plugs??? There are 2 holes that point diagonal up and another 2 that point diagonal down so that you can insert the speaker wires, and then twist the cap tight. But if I remember correctly there are also supposed to be 4 holes on the caps that point rearward, horizonal to the ground, where the ultimately the banana plugs go into...what gives?
                              I have been absent from the forum for a while, but I saw this thread & couldn't help but reply. I was wondering the same thing and OmegaSpeed is right on. I found this on a B&W CD I got from B&W.

See attached screen shot.

Dan
                              Attached Files
                              I want to be SHAKEN not stirred!!

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"