X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RACER4551
    • Apr 2004

B&W 703 SPADE SIZE?

Anyone know what spades will fit the binding posts on the 703's? Would i need the 8mm or 10mm opening size?
  • RACER4551
    • Apr 2004

I cant believe out of all the B&W guru's, that no one knows what spade size will fit the 703's.I guess i will have to get off my lazy butt and measure the binding post,was just avoiding it because they are in hard to move position :roll:

Comment

• greggz
      • Jun 2002

Do the 703's use the same WBT binding posts as the Nautilus line? If so, I believe those WBT binding posts accept 6mm and 8mm spades.

Go to http://www.wbtusa.com and see if you can find the binding post that matches the one on your 703's and the check the spec sheet.
      Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• RACER4551
        • Apr 2004

Thanks for the link greggz,will check it out.Not sure but they sure do look the same as the n line.

Comment

• junior77blue
          • Nov 2004

6mm will work for 705s (i just checked with a nautilus jumper cable).

FYI...they are ~12mm wide.

Comment

• DrBoom
            • Dec 2003

I dont think the 700 series uses WBT connectors, but uses the same ones as on the CDM & 600 series. (look at the 360° picture of the 705 at B&W site)
            They accept both 6 and 8 mm spades, as there is a thick and a thinner part in the binding posts (where the loose ring is).
            Or that's the way I remember it, I don't have them myself but I'm quite sure that's the way it is.

Comment

• Kyle
              • Jan 2005

On my 600 series b&ws, i had trouble with both size WBT spades. If I removed the bridge and wired between the Hi&Lo posts I could use the spades but i found the connections to be lacking.

Luckily Lex bent over backwards and swapped out my connectors several times. I ended up using locking bananas, and I am MUCH happier. The connections are far more secure than I ever got with WBT spades, and i get to keep my bridges.
              My gear

Comment

• sarsi
                • Nov 2004

Sorry wrong posting
                Last edited by sarsi; 06 April 2005, 02:24 Wednesday. Reason: Sorry wrong posting

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"