X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jericho
    • Dec 2004

Classé Delta or Omega

Does anyone know if there is a big difference when you link the new Delta amplifier M-400 or an omega mono to drive the new Nautilus 800D???
    I can not decide and here in Belgium I find no place where it's possible to hear the difference between the two amplifiers because no dealer has them in stock.
    First I intend to buy the Mcintosh MX-135 with two monoblocs MC-501 but my local B&W dealer advised me to take Classé although he sells both
  • Frustrated
    • Jan 2005

Classe

Originally posted by jericho
    Does anyone know if there is a big difference when you link the new Delta amplifier M-400 or an omega mono to drive the new Nautilus 800D???
    I can not decide and here in Belgium I find no place where it's possible to hear the difference between the two amplifiers because no dealer has them in stock.
    First I intend to buy the Mcintosh MX-135 with two monoblocs MC-501 but my local B&W dealer advised me to take Classé although he sells both
    I used to work for Classe. Tthe reason no one has the Omega Micron in stock is that they are not yet in production. I didn't see a single PCB for that series when I worked there. They also cost 10k US each. Your dealer will probably also push you to buy one of the SSPs (300 &600); a huge rip-off in dollars, and Euros.

Comment

• johan
      • Dec 2004

Hi Jericho! If money is not an object go for Omega. Just read the test in Stereophile, that beast MORE than doubles its power into 4 Ohms. But is it worth the extra cost? Pleasent problem.. Good luck!!

Comment

• EAmin
        • Aug 2004

I was reading something on the new Delta amps that I'm not sure I understand. I'm looking at maybe getting some CAM400s later this year --- this in preparation for some 803Ds further down the road. The website talks about having both single-ended RCA inputs and balanced inputs and talked about switching between single-ended and balanced XLR inputs.

From the website:

Balanced and Single-Ended
        All Classé amplifiers provide for both balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) inputs. The LEDs on the front panel tell not only the number of channels, but also their mode of operation. Unlike other designs, Classé amplifiers allow both single-ended and balanced connections to be made simultaneously. For example, the user may choose to connect balanced inputs for the left and right channels of a high-end preamp, while the single-ended connections for these channels are connected to a surround processor. The different inputs can then be selected from the front panel, or by RS-232 via PC or an external control system.

This is REALLY cool assuming I can plug in my Rotel 1098 Processor that has single-ended outputs into the CAM400s. I could also set up a Rotel RC-1090 preamp (which has balanced outs) and plug it into Balanced XLR inputs on the CAM400, and switch between the too. Any negatives to this?

Frustrated: You've made me nervous about the Delta processors. I don't know if you said anything about the CP-500. At any rate, I'm considering the RC-1090 as option. I hope the amps are a still a well-designed product. It'd be a shame if they weren't for all of the money they ask for.

Sorry for the non-B&W discussion --- you guys started it.

Comment

• Frustrated
          • Jan 2005

Classe in general

Sorry to say, but when it comes to design. The Classé Design Team totally missed the boat. In the case of the SSPs, the 600 in particular, you have to take the whole thing apart to change ONE fuse. Moreover, if you have to update the software version on anything (amps and processors) you have to ship it back to Classé or bring it to one of their so-called service centers. I must remind you, I'm a tech not an audiophile. And, it pisses me off to see people getting ripped off. :M :M :M

Comment

• DanR
            • Dec 2004

I don't think you can go wrong with the MAC's. Durability is legendary and the sound is just as good.
            :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

• EAmin
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by EAmin
              I was reading something on the new Delta amps that I'm not sure I understand. I'm looking at maybe getting some CAM400s later this year --- this in preparation for some 803Ds further down the road. The website talks about having both single-ended RCA inputs and balanced inputs and talked about switching between single-ended and balanced XLR inputs.

From the website:

Balanced and Single-Ended
              All Classé amplifiers provide for both balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) inputs. The LEDs on the front panel tell not only the number of channels, but also their mode of operation. Unlike other designs, Classé amplifiers allow both single-ended and balanced connections to be made simultaneously. For example, the user may choose to connect balanced inputs for the left and right channels of a high-end preamp, while the single-ended connections for these channels are connected to a surround processor. The different inputs can then be selected from the front panel, or by RS-232 via PC or an external control system.

This is REALLY cool assuming I can plug in my Rotel 1098 Processor that has single-ended outputs into the CAM400s. I could also set up a Rotel RC-1090 preamp (which has balanced outs) and plug it into Balanced XLR inputs on the CAM400, and switch between the too. Any negatives to this?

Frustrated: You've made me nervous about the Delta processors. I don't know if you said anything about the CP-500. At any rate, I'm considering the RC-1090 as option. I hope the amps are a still a well-designed product. It'd be a shame if they weren't for all of the money they ask for.

Sorry for the non-B&W discussion --- you guys started it.
              My bad on the post. I saw there's another thread talking about switching. TOO much activity to monitor here. Sorry for the dups.

Comment

• EAmin
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DanR
                I don't think you can go wrong with the MAC's. Durability is legendary and the sound is just as good.
                I saw the MC501 was the Stereophile amp of the year. I actually heard the MC1201 which was amazing. Thanks Dan!

Comment

• Fraise
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Frustrated
                  I used to work for Classe. Tthe reason no one has the Omega Micron in stock is that they are not yet in production. I didn't see a single PCB for that series when I worked there. They also cost 10k US each. Your dealer will probably also push you to buy one of the SSPs (300 &600); a huge rip-off in dollars, and Euros.
                  if thats the case with the microns, why was classe urging people to check their serial numbers on those amps as 2 of them had been stolen from a dealer in the US ?? there was a link on their homepage before they updated the site.

Comment

• Frustrated
                    • Jan 2005

Omega

All the new Omega Micron monoblocks you see on display are all demos. Classe was banking on Stereophile's extraordinarily biased review to generate sales. Guess what . It didn't happen. Give yourselves some credit. You guys are savvy audiophiles. Would you want to make a 10k mistake? I don't think so. Most of the senior staff on the shop floor that had built these amps for years kept telling me the old amps (like the one you have Fraise) are better. I'm asking you Fraise why would they openly tell me that? Isn't new generally mean better? :unsure:

Comment

• Fraise
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Frustrated
                      All the new Omega Micron monoblocks you see on display are all demos. Classe was banking on Stereophile's extraordinarily biased review to generate sales. Guess what . It didn't happen. Give yourselves some credit. You guys are savvy audiophiles. Would you want to make a 10k mistake? I don't think so. Most of the senior staff on the shop floor that had built these amps for years kept telling me the old amps (like the one you have Fraise) are better. I'm asking you Fraise why would they openly tell me that? Isn't new generally mean better? :unsure:
                      new isnt always better. look at tube amps. they're still around even with SS and digital amps. sometimes you just come accross as a bitter employee taking every oportunity to bash classe. while you may have a point about the SSP-600 fuse location....does that really make it not worth the money or a rip off? if so what do you think about the levinson No. 40 console? just because they're more expensive than the previous products and sound different, it doesnt mean they're worse.

Comment

• Frustrated
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Fraise
                        new isnt always better. look at tube amps. they're still around even with SS and digital amps. sometimes you just come accross as a bitter employee taking every oportunity to bash classe. while you may have a point about the SSP-600 fuse location....does that really make it not worth the money or a rip off? if so what do you think about the levinson No. 40 console? just because they're more expensive than the previous products and sound different, it doesnt mean they're worse.
                        Whatever I may be in your eyes Fraise is of no consequence. That doesn't mean I'm wrong. Like I said in my previous posts: DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT TRY IT OUT FOR YOURSELF. You are acting as though you owe Classe for buying one of their amps. You've got to be kidding me! Another thing about the SSP-600, try to update the software. because I know you won't be able to without shipping it back to Classe. I only post about Classe amps and processors because I worked there. I've never worked on a Rotel,Denon etc...I can't understand why you are so loyal to Classe

Comment

• Twincam
                          • Feb 2004

EAadmin,

I just bought a Classe CP-500 and CA-2200 (and a CDP-100), and it sounds great. The sound quality is a huge improvment over my Rotel 1098/1075, but also over the RC1090/RB1080 IMO. For that price, it should be of course. And while I haven't compared directly back to back against the old line (which I listened to around a year ago) I would say it sound at least as good IMHO.

kindly regards

TC

Comment

• jlee
                            • Aug 2004

Frustrated,

I think the local dealer mentioned the software could be updated at dealerships equipped with the proper equipment and that was the ultimate goal so that customers would not have to ship them back to Classe. Maybe at this time, they have to do that as they get all their dealers up to speed.

Twincam,

I have heard that exact combo on N803 and I thought it sounded great too. The 2200 gives up very little to the CAM-400 on most types of music. The major difference between the new and old series seems to be in bass energy. I'm not sure whether the new products are superficially "bass heavy" or whether the old ones were "bass lite"... to my ears, I think the CAM-200's bass is "just right" ... the Rotel RB-1080 and 1095 I had before were "mid bass heavy" in my opinion. I'll have to demo a CA-2200 back to back with my CAM-200's in the future and report back.

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"